“We love this, and it’s so aligned with our mission,” Kate Danaher of RSF Social Finance remembers telling the leadership of Organically Grown Co. when they first approached her in 2017. “Unfortunately I don’t see how we could help you out!” Two years after the idea of transferring ownership into a Purpose Trust sounded crazy,
- Over the last 18 months, the U.K. National Advisory Board on Impact Investing has identified key levers for deepening the impact of social investments and attracting the needed capital.
- In a guest post on ImpactAlpha, agriculture finance experts from ISF Advisors and the RAF Learning Lab discuss how to “get smart” about donor objectives, about impact returns and about blending capital.
- Philanthropy must deploy less co-investing strategies and be more willing to take lead, early, junior and gap-filling positions that draw in more capital to solutions that matter, says David Lynn of Mission Driven Finance.
- Rather than viewing climate change as a threat, Africa’s investors should view it through the prism of opportunity, Michelle Kathryn Essomé, CEO of the African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association.
- Solving malnutrition will require a significant capital infusion in a more local, more sustainable, global food system able to deliver more affordable healthy food. That’s a big opportunity for impact investors.
- CDC is introducing “Catalyst Strategies” that will guide as much as $1.5 billion in new investments, on top of its current pipeline of $500 million in commitments.