Paris-based Lalilo is an online literacy tool for kindergarten to second grade students that uses adaptive exercises to build reading skills.
- Investissement Québec led the firm’s $7.5 million ($10 million CAD) Series A.
- A group of philanthropic backers including Google.org, former Google Chairman Eric Schmidt’s charitable initiative Schmidt Futures, and the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation have given Climb Hire $2 million in grant funding.
- The platform aggregates a borrower’s loans, income and spending information, then makes recommendations on how to pay down debt quickly and automates payments.
- Two edtech companies with a similar goal of helping students and teachers get the resources they need have merged.
- S3 Ventures led the firm's $5.5 million Series A equity round. Shasta Ventures, Sierra Ventures, Holt Ventures, Wild Basin Investments, and Shelter Capital Partners also participated.
- Austin-based Upswing's funding round was backed by Impact America Fund, Rethink Education, Lumina Foundation and Strada.