Scott, who divorced Amazon founder Jeff Bezos last year, has also supported Camelback Ventures, Capital Impact Partners, Echoing Green and Grameen America among others.
- As market uncertainty looms, values-aligned families are looking to direct investments to boost returns, according to a survey by the Family Office Exchange, a network of 350 wealthy families.
- Baseload is the second geothermal investment from Breakthrough Energy Ventures, the $1 billion “de-carbonization” investment fund backed by Bill Gates, Jack Ma, Jeff Bezos and others. U.S.-based Fervo Energy was the first.
- The Masiyiwa Rural Challenge Fund will originate loans of $1,000 to $10,000 to businesses based in or serving rural areas in Zimbabwe.
- The Hong Kong-based company was launched last year by Skype co-founder Geoffrey Prentice with a mission to use data science and artificial intelligence to develop alternative credit risk assessment for Asia’s unbanked, and provide them with digital lending and other financial services.
- In all, BEV has made nine investments and has committed about 10% of its fund.
- With a tweet, Amazon’s Jeff Bezos pledged $2 billion of his estimated net worth of $163 billion to the Bezos Day 1 Fund, which will back existing nonprofits that help homeless families and create a new network of nonprofit preschools in underserved communities.