- In all, BEV has made nine investments and has committed about 10% of its fund.
ImpactAlpha, October 2 – Veganism was bound to hit the mainstream financial markets, given all the private capital investing in a meat-free future. (Or, at least, a reared-animal meat-free future. There’s that lab-grown trend, after all.) Investment firm Beyond Investing launched last year to build a pipeline of public and private investments that are vegan-friendly.
- An investigative report has taken to task Goldman Sachs Asset Management, which supervises approximately $1.3 trillion in assets, for its record of proxy voting on shareholder resolutions at companies in the JUST portfolio, which tracks an index created by the nonprofit JUST Capital.
- With a tweet, Amazon’s Jeff Bezos pledged $2 billion of his estimated net worth of $163 billion to the Bezos Day 1 Fund, which will back existing nonprofits that help homeless families and create a new network of nonprofit preschools in underserved communities.
- The billionaire's Caribbean Climate-Smart Accelerator, conceived at last year's One Planet Summit in Paris, has been launched to finance and scale startups in 26 Caribbean countries and territories.
- Gates is backing a $30 million venture philanthropy accelerator that will support early stage biotech companies working on Alzheimer’s research, detection and diagnosis.
- Winfrey made an undisclosed investment in True Food Kitchen after herself patronizing one of its restaurants