Khazna is offers mobile and online bank accounts and salary advances to Egypt's 20 million underbanked.
- Not enough money for promising ventures. Too much money flowing to a few companies. Both statements are true for impact-oriented small and growing businesses in emerging markets.
- The controversial Future Investment Initiative in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is full of legacy investment firms now trotting out impact investment products.
- Faith-based investing is not only on the rise, it’s on the cutting edge.
- Venn offers a “neighborhood platform” to connect residents to co-living and public spaces, social resources, classes and events.
- The InsuResilience Investment Fund is backing Agritask with a $6 million investment to help the company build out tools for agriculture insurance and expand outreach to small-scale farmers.
- Most of the funding—$145 million—will be invested in financial institutions that lend to small businesses, while $50 million will be committed to Egyptian startup accelerators and venture capital funds that are fostering entrepreneurship.