Website Emerson Collective
Emerson Collective is an organization designed to develop opportunities and solutions in education, environment, immigration, and health equity through philanthropy, creativity and investments. Established and led by Laurene Powell Jobs, Emerson Collective brings together entrepreneurs and academics, artists, community leaders, and more to build solutions that spur measurable, lasting change. We work collectively to make the greatest difference possible.
Emerson Collective seeks a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented investment professional to join the Asset Management team. The Asset Management team oversees several mission-driven, multi-asset class portfolios. The successful candidate will be responsible for investment research and impact evaluation and ongoing portfolio management alongside asset management colleagues, and will support end-to-end investment management. The ideal candidate will be results-oriented, have a demonstrated ability to work individually and on a team, and be flexible and adaptable. Prior investment and/or capital markets experience is required, as is dedication to mission-aligned investing.
Role and Responsibilities
Investment Analysis & Due Diligence:
- Conduct comprehensive due diligence on new and existing investment managers and opportunities across various asset classes, including public and private equity, credit, and alternative investments.
- Provide general support throughout the entire investment process, including financial analysis and modeling, drafting investment memos and presentations, and undertaking competitive market research and analyses.
- Support or lead special projects such as thematic landscaping of new and existing investment theses, impact investment-related initiatives, and investment and impact reporting
- Engage in proactive research on broad investment and industry trends, staying informed about market developments.
- Provide additional investment-related services to the investment committee and other stakeholders as requested.
Portfolio Management and Reporting:
- With guidance from colleagues, manage day-to-day investment team processes, including reviewing manager communications, maintaining records, scheduling meetings, taking meeting notes, and tracking important deadlines.
- Assist in modeling and analysis related to portfolio and investment performance, risk, and liquidity.
- Prepare regular investment performance reports, ensuring all information is current and accurate for all portfolio investments.
- Review and verify regular quarterly reporting, including cash flow analyses and attribution reports.
- Play a lead role in managing and improving an investment database and reporting platform to optimize efficiencies for the Asset Management program. Take initiative to recommend improvements.
- Act as a liaison between the investment team and external service providers.
- Collaborate with investment committee members and other stakeholders, providing insights and recommendations on potential and existing investments.
- Maintain strong working relationships with managers, co-investors, and other investment partners.
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics, or a related field.
- MBA and/or progress towards or possession of a CFA designation preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience in investment banking, investment management, or related field.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience with Addepar or other investment performance reporting software a plus.
- Passion for sustainable and mission-aligned investing.
- Familiarity with investment management concepts, including due diligence practices, performance measurement, risk management, and diverse investment strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent collaboration skills, with the ability to work flexibly and interactively within the Asset Management team and across the Collective and partner organizations.
Emerson Collective is a Bay Area-based organization with offices in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, San Francisco, Oakland, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, and Washington, D.C. This position is onsite four days per week.
This position requires being up to date on COVID vaccination consistent with current CDC guidelines, subject to documented religious and/or medical exemptions.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume through our website.
Building a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our mission and values as we strive to create systemic change and open possibilities for all of the communities we serve. To that end, we provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.