Greetings, Agents of Impact!
A reminder that we are taking our summer publishing break this week. We’ll be back on July 5. For your summer reading – and viewing – here’s a recap of the year’s Agents of Impact Calls to date. Enjoy!
Featured: ImpactAlpha Original
Seven Calls: Agents of Impact on carbon pricing, political risk, climate adaptation, responsible fintech and more. ImpactAlpha‘s spring season of Agents of Impact Calls spanned a period of tumult in the financial markets: instability in public and crypto markets, shifting winds in venture capital, and a multi-front backlash to ESG. In seven Calls, entrepreneurs, investors and other practitioners shared examples and insights with thousands of ImpactAlphasubscribers and friends. Catch up on all of the insights:
- Inside the generational opportunity to reshape rules of corporate disclosure. February’s Call No. 38 explored the rules for corporate disclosure proposed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Between climate and human capital, “this is probably one of the most important sets of disclosure rule-making in a generation at the S.E.C.,” said former S.E.C. advisor Satyam Khanna.
- How investors are catalyzing climate capital for adaptation and equity. On Call No. 41, in April, Lightsmith Group’s Jay Koh said the mounting climate disruption “creates both an enormous impact and investment opportunity.” Apollo Agriculture’s high-quality seeds, fertilizer, climate-smart training and insurance can help farmers double or even triple their production, said Apollo’s Benjamin Njenga. “The big call is that we need to scale up these solutions.”
- Collect the whole set. The season’s other Calls: “Ramping up the supply of carbon reduction to meet the urgent demand,” “Moving from ESG talk to action inside big companies,” “How impact investors embrace political risk to keep progress flowing,” “Business financing beyond venture capital to fuel the boom in entrepreneurship,” and “How responsible fintech in Africa provides resilience in a downturn.” Watch for the new season of Agents of Impact Calls beginning in September.
- Scan the roundup, catch up on the recaps and binge the replays.
Agents of Impact: Where to Meet
- BlueMark launches its third annual Making the Mark report, “Spotlighting Leaders in Impact Management,” Wed., June 28, at 10:30am ET.
- Tideline presents “State of the Impact Investment Market: Trends, Tailwinds, Challenges,” as part of its Compass Series, July 12 at 11am ET.
- Big Path Capital’s Impact Capitalism Summit convenes July 20-21 in Nantucket, Mass.
- The Global Steering Group on Impact Investing gathers for the second part of its virtual Impact Summit Series, “Boosting Capital Flows in Emerging Markets,” September 22.
- The GIIN Investor Forum convenes in The Hague, Netherlands, Oct. 12-13.
- SOCAP returns Oct. 17-20 at a new venue, the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco.
- GenderSmart hosts its global summit, “Traction to Transformation,” Oct. 17-19 in London.
- Enterprise Community Partners holds its 40th anniversary conference Oct. 19-20 in Washington, D.C.
Have a great week. We’ll see you in July!
– June 27, 2022