Glennmont Partners invests in renewable power generation projects and assets in Europe, US and Asia Pacific. It raises long-term capital to invest in alternative power generation projects, such as solar, on- and off-shore wind farms, battery storage, small-scale hydro power plants and biomass power stations. Glennmont has invested over 2BN in mixed renewable energy generation offering investors a balance of yield and return and its carefully selected, risk managed investments have delivered sustained performance and predictable returns over periods of 10 years or more. Investment includes assets in operation, in construction and development projects. Glennmont Partners is currently in the process of raising its fourth fund which is targeting commitments in excess of USD 2.5bn and for which USD 600mn has already been raised in the first close. In 2021 Nuveen, a leading global investment manager with over $1.2 trillion of assets under management, acquired Glennmont and as part of Nuveen, Glennmont Partners is experiencing strong growth in the US and looking for future expansion.
This role will report to the Head of the US and will be given a high degree of autonomy and responsibility for the managing of investment projects across the US.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the execution of deals in the US (origination, acquisition and financing).
- Develop proprietary pipeline of potential transactions based on a network of contacts, with autonomy from the team, but with transparency.
- Manage project teams through all stages of investment projects.
- Supervise all aspects of a transaction, including due diligence, assessment of project viability, negotiation, structuring and execution in coordination with internal and external partners (developers, lawyers, technical advisors, debt providers, EPC contractors, etc).
- Oversee the financing and structuring of all deals, including sourcing of tax equity and debt.
- Working within parameters set by Directors and Partners, independently negotiate key transaction documents.
- Produce financial models and supervise external financial advisors.
- Draft investments proposals for Investment Committee approvals.
- Ensure the efficient handover of projects to the Asset Management team and continue to offer support to them post-transaction.
- Follow the microeconomic trends of the clean teach sector (regulatory framework, tariffs, US renewables targets, etc).
- Support for fund raising activities.
- At all times be responsive to the needs of the company over the individual targets.
- The Associate’s work will be assessed on the through-life performance of assets.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 2+ Years Required; 3+ Years Preferred
- 2+ years M&A experience
- 3+ years M&A experience
- Equity investment experience
- Demonstrable network of contacts in renewables project vendor space
- Corporate finance transaction experience (from origination to execution)
- Financial modelling expertise
- US renewables and power industry experience
- Interest in the renewable energy sub-space
- Experience in management accounting, investment review, tax structuring
- Power industry experience
- Strong financial toolkit (building models, analyzing financial statements, performing valuations, structuring deals)
Asset/Investment Modeling, Clean Energy Acumen, Collaboration, Detail Oriented, Due Diligence, Financial Analysis, Infrastructure Investments, Negotiation, Prioritizes Effectively, Problem Solving, Stakeholder Engagement
Base Pay Range: $123,800/yr. – $206,300/yr.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiaa.org.