- This year was all about implementation. “Impact needs to be measurable and intentional,” said Harvard’s George Serafeim in the keynote
- A group of philanthropic backers including Google.org, former Google Chairman Eric Schmidt’s charitable initiative Schmidt Futures, and the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation have given Climb Hire $2 million in grant funding.
- Tracking impact in Opportunity Zones, nurturing neighborhoods, guaranteeing solar systems, matching Colombia farmers, Bill Nye on AI and climate
ImpactAlpha, June 26 – A decade from now, how will we know if Opportunity Zones actually helped people? That question is on the minds of community leaders and investors nationwide, from Alabama to the corridors of power in Washington and across the pages of business journals (including ImpactAlpha’s in-depth coverage). Even if new private investments flow
- Venn offers a “neighborhood platform” to connect residents to co-living and public spaces, social resources, classes and events.
- Frubana raised the capital from Y Combinator and impact-focused Brazilian venture fund Monashees and several undisclosed investors.
- Seattle-based Omnidian is de-risking solar energy systems by selling homeowners and asset managers performance guarantees for the systems they buy.