- Private-equity giant KKR hasn’t yet closed its planned $1 billion Global Impact Fund, but it has been busy warehousing deals.
- Entrepreneurial hubs around the country are rethinking how they attract and support a group of business founders they’ve historically overlooked and underserved: entrepreneurs of color.
ImpactAlpha, February 13 – French impact investor Investisseurs & Partenaires has reached a second close for its I&P Afrique Entrepreneurs 2 fund. The fund, which invests in African startups working on issues related to the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals, has raised €75 million ($84.4 million) since launching in late 2017. Investisseurs & Partenaires (I&P) manages
- Nordic Microfinance Initiative, Serum Institute of India’s Adar Poonawalla and other investors backed the Mumbai-based microlender.
- The new funding will provide exits for early investors, which include Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, Bamboo Capital Partners, venture capitalist Sajid Fazalbhoy and angel investor Rajiv Dadlani.
- Financing the Green New Deal (podcast), safe ride-hailing in Latin America, South African impact ventures, overheard at #EconImpact
- The kinds of financing mechanisms in the Green New Deal proposal – to mobilize capital, apportion risks, protect stakeholders and ensure accountability – have been built by elements of the impact investing industry in recent decades, he said.
- The Oxford-style debate at Tuesday’s Economist impact investing forum in New York was less a debate on the motion – "This house believes that impact investing will turn out to be the most profitable way to invest" – than a dialogue about how to make it so.