ImpactAlpha, May 7 – Washington, D.C.-based SparkMeter is trying to improve electricity access for the world’s two billion energy-poor with a simple energy metering system that can be used by any utility or microgrid system. The company has raised $7 million and converted $4 million in debt and interest towards a targeted $14 million funding round, according to
- CirrusMD raised equity funding from Colorado Impact Fund, Drive Capital and existing investors to roll out its platform for 200,000 patients at three V.A. facilities.
- Beyond Trade-offs series, Ecosystem Integrity’s $100M fund, financing India’s micro-merchants, Africa’s entrepreneur pipeline, handworker economy
- The San Francisco-based fund manager invests in early and growth-stage tech companies focusing on environmental sustainability.
- The Series A was backed by Accion, Dutch development bank FMO and Indian venture capital firm IvyCap Ventures.
- In The Land Beyond Trade-offs... investors know their own objectives for social and environmental impact, and craft investment strategies and portfolios that fit their unique appetites for risks and returns.
- In an interactive infographic, see where family offices, foundations, institutional investors and asset managers play across the continuum of impact investing.