- The Shine Campaign, which seeks to mobilize both philanthropic and private capital for energy access, surveyed 10 fund managers who collectively expect to deploy $1.3 billion in such ventures over the next two years, with half of the capital already raised. “It’s a hockey stick,” said Shine’s Mark Correnti.
- The 10 funders are...
- The off-grid solar lender is looking to raise $85 million to finance companies making solar products for off-grid households in Asia and Africa
- The mega co-working company is preparing to launch a fund to invest in social enterprises and startups focusing on “the future of work."
- Backers include institutional lenders like Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, M&G Investments and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, who collectively committed $900 million.
- Steps toward the global goals, Rise eyes Abraaj, investigating Big Tech, benchmarking corporate sustainability
- Progress towards mobilizing investment towards the Sustainable Development Goals has been slow and thin, write Rockefeller Foundation’s Lorenzo Bernasconi and Carolien de Bruin and Josephine Damstra of C-Change, an Amsterdam-based impact strategy consultant.
- They call for solutions “to achieving a step-change in the number and scale of ‘fit-for- purpose’ investment products that are SDG-aligned."
Nike’s deal with Colin Kaepernick has added almost $6 billion to company’s market value. But what has the company contributed to the UN Sustainable Development Goal No. 16, “Peace, justice and strong institutions”? A new initiative launched ahead of the U.N. General Assembly is developing a range of benchmarks by 2023 to assess the progress