- The World Bank’s new billion dollar “Accelerating Battery Storage for Development” program aims to triple installed battery capacity in developing countries by 2025.
- Pyramid Group’s products currently reach about four million people, half of whom are part of the continent’s emerging consumer class.
- The Brief’s Big 7: Going exponential, impact product pipeline, agent of the week, off-grid energy uplift, one foundation’s journey
- ImpactAlpha’s European tour, Generation’s disruptive charts, open-kimono impact portfolio, lending to entrepreneurs of color
- Climate change and inequality are getting worse as the technologies to solve them are getting better. Something’s got to give.
The foundation, with the help of Caprock Group, has shared an unusually transparent case study that illuminates the real challenges of impact portfolio construction: asset allocation, liquidity, benchmarks, manager selection, impact measurement and more.
- The funding includes program-related investments and grants from the Kresge and ECMC foundations.