- Failure is still not a universally accepted positive among impact investors. Go figure.
The passage of the Investing in Opportunity Act created equal parts enthusiasm and anxiety. Now, worry has, at least in part, begun to shift toward a mobilization of resources, networks and identified best practices for effective community investment. The provision of last year’s U.S. tax bill lets investors defer and even reduce capital gains taxes by
- The deal highlights the impact, and financial, potential of the creative economy, a sector still largely untapped by impact investors.
- The Mumbai-based company hires women to drive vehicles that take packages and food from warehouses to delivery hubs and homes.
- Neighborly’s muni-bond impact, JUST exchange-traded fund, immigrant auto insurance, India’s civic tech startups
- Switchee uses data from its smart thermostats to track energy consumption, light, motion, humidity and other factors in low income housing.
ImpactAlpha, June 12 – Municipal bonds are literally private investments in public goods, making them perhaps the original impact investments. About $435 billion in U.S. municipal bonds were issued last year to investors to finance projects with impact, including parks and schools, roads and bridges, clean energy installations and municipal broadband. But the muni-market has become