- The company has raised a $26 million Series B funding round led by venture capital firm Zeev Ventures
- PRIME is bringing its "Emissions Reduction Potential” online, open-source, and available to any early stage investor or venture.
- In the latest episode of ImpactAlpha’s occasional podcast series, “Institutional Shift," David Bank asks Equilibrium Capital’s Dave Chen to update forecasts from January’s 2019 look-ahead.
- London-based investment firm Atomico and Stockholm-based Northzone led the round.
ImpactAlpha, June 12 – Impact Fitness, the first investment of the Bain Capital Double Impact Fund, is now the $390 million fund’s first exit. Morgan Stanley Capital Partners acquired the stakes of Bain and Bridges Bridges Fund Management, marking the first exit as well for Bridges’ U.S. Sustainable Growth Fund. Impact Fitness, a franchisee of Planet
- Smart subsidy for mini-grids, converting India’s air pollution, transitioning to renewables, gender investing at Soros Economic Development Fund
ImpactAlpha, June 11 – Rural electricity has often required subsidy. The self-sufficient electricity grids known as mini-grids are no different, say a dozen impact investors with $2 billion under management. Investors including Acumen, Blue Haven Initiative, and Ceniarth, as well as Engie Powercorner, Responsability and KawiSafi Ventures are calling on donors and governments to provide results-based financing to subsidize rural connections that could