- Featured: "Getting smart about subsidies to bridge the agricultural financing gap"
More than 320 million tons of plastic is produced annually, much of which ends up in oceans or landfill. Production is expected to double by 2034. To stem the tide, more than 400 organizations, have endorsed the New Plastics Economy Global Commitment, launched in October 2018 by the Ellen MacArthur Foundation in collaboration with the
- Featured: "Impact investing’s road to relevance led through Santiago – until it didn’t."
- Njonjo claims that the company isn’t changing anything about its impact mission. But Twiga’s growth comes with some strategy shifts that could affect smallholder farmers, who produce 75% of Kenya’s fresh food.
- Impact investing is caught between a stalled global agenda, represented by the Paris climate agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals, and surging populism on the left and the right that is properly skeptical of bankers, corporations, billionaires and fund managers.
- The controversial Future Investment Initiative in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is full of legacy investment firms now trotting out impact investment products.