Website Visa Economic Empowerment Institute
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
- The Executive Director of VEEI works with C-level executives, an external Advisory Council, and Visa subject matter experts to develop and execute a global content strategy that encompasses original research, events, and strategic partnerships.
- Presents VEEI research externally and represents Visa at elite conferences and events.
- Builds consensus across global and regional stakeholders to ensure that VEEI research accurately reflects Visa’s perspectives and positions.
- Effectively communicates objectives, key results, and impact metrics to internal stakeholders including senior management, Corporate Affairs, Legal, and Investor Relations.
- In partnership with Global Policy, identifies opportunities to engage the Visa Economic Empowerment Institute Advisory Council – a group of distinguished global thought leaders and former policymakers – in dialogue with international organizations, central banks, and ministers of finance.
- Creates new knowledge utilizing data, insights to develop market specific content strategies and thought leadership content plans.
- Manages an interdisciplinary team of researchers, analysts, and economists, instilling a culture of accountability and performance.
- Sets and enforces a high standard of quality control for a VEEI publications. Manage a multimillion-dollar budget and instill an impact investing mindset.
- Develop internal and external distribution channels for VEEI research and knowledge products.
- Translate VEEI research insights for business and client audiences.
- Measure results and produce accurate monthly scorecards on VEEI.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an advanced degree (e.g. MA/MBA/JD) or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD.
• 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
• Background in international trade, government, public affairs, digitization, finance, globalization, innovation and economics.
• Track record of managing a team of subject-matter experts, budget and functional operations.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, and partner at the most senior levels in the organization.
• Experience working with a diverse group of highly technical learners and subject matter experts such as economists, product developers and strategists.
• Highly skilled in building external partner relationships and vendor management.
• Ability to build collaborative, trustworthy relationships across functions and geographies.
• Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Superior writing skills and the ability to tailor messages to diverse audiences including C-level executives, subject matter experts, external stakeholders, and clients.
• Critical and strategic thinking skills, with strong focus on service excellence, efficiency, accuracy, and effective project/stakeholder/relationship skills.
• Proven ability to connect technical subject matter such as financial infrastructure and payments policy to the broader public discourse around geopolitics, economic growth, and empowerment.
• Multidisciplinary backgrounds ideal. Ideal candidate may have an MBA and a JD or a PhD in international economics or public policy, or relevant area.
• 15+ years progressive experience developing, managing, and implementing thought leadership content, preferably in a global corporate environment, required.
• Strong understanding of the payments business preferred. Ability to work closely with the business to receive input, collaborate, prioritize projects based on business objectives and methodology.
• Experience supporting senior executives (Cabinet minister, CEO, or equivalent) in private sector and/or government.
• Media trained and accustomed to organizing, moderating, and participating in all forms of panels and round tables.
• Experience providing commentary in prestigious news publications (such as the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, and the BBC).
• Strong track record of publications on topics of relevance to Visa, our clients, and policymakers such as the Financial Stability Board, Bank for International Settlements, International Monetary Fund, and G20 central banks.
• Management consulting or corporate strategy experience strongly preferred.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.