Website Trevor Noah Foundation
About the Organization
Established in 2018, The Trevor Noah Foundation (TNF) envisions a world where education enables the youth to dream, see, and build the impossible. We achieve this through improving equitable access to quality education for youth in Southern Africa. The two key programmes are the Khulani Schools Programme, partnering with schools and implementing organizations to co-create solutions to holistic needs, and the Education Changemakers Programme, which aims to equip leaders in the education sector with the skills, attitudes, and networks needed to effect change in their schools in communities.
About the Job
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Assistant Director of Impact and Learning is a new leadership position at TNF. The Assistant Director will work closely with the Executive Committee (alongside the Managing Director and Assistant Director of Finance and Operations), contributing to the development and execution of strategies aimed at enhancing program effectiveness, a data-driven learning culture, and overall organisational impact. They will lead a team of three direct reports and collaborate extensively with various internal departments to ensure continuous improvement and alignment with the organisation’s mission. They will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of impactful education programs that make a difference in the lives and communities across South Africa.
- Oversee the development and execution of programme strategy, ensuring a commitment to high-impact initiatives.
- Lead effective collaboration and knowledge sharing across MERL and Programs to ensure enhanced quality and impact of programmatic initiatives remain at the forefront.
Impact Measurement and Management
- Lead data analysis and present findings to the Managing Director, Executive Committee, and relevant stakeholders, providing actionable insights for strategic planning and decision-making.
- Lead regular evaluations to assess the impact of various initiatives, ensuring data-driven decision-making and continuous program improvements.
Learning and Development:
- Develop and implement a robust learning and development strategy to foster a culture of data-driven learning, innovation and continuous business process improvement within the organisation.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and best practices in the educational sector, integrating relevant insights into organizational practices.
Strategic Collaboration, Reporting and Communication Impact:
- Support Programs, MERL and Communications departments in setting goals and KPIs aligned with the organisation’s strategic goals.
- Collaborate closely with the Executive Committee (Managing Director and Assistant Director of Finance and Operations) and other stakeholders to align impact and learning strategies with the organisation’s overall goals and objectives.
- Maintain strong relationships with external partners, stakeholders and funders, to effectively communicate impact assessment strategies with donor requirements.
- Work alongside the Managing Director in developing and executing an impact communication strategy to effectively convey the organization’s achievements, challenges and overall impact to internal and external stakeholders.
Team Leadership and Management:
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to three direct reports, fostering a culture of teamwork, excellence and continuous professional development
Organizational Fit: The TNF team prides itself on being a mission-aligned and values-driven organization. We are committed to fostering a work environment that encourages innovation, learning, collaboration, mentorship, and a deep understanding of the diverse communities we serve. Most importantly, we love what we do and have fun doing it! As such, we seek a candidate who is not only dedicated to achieving impactful results but shares our vision of promoting educational equity and empowering individuals through quality education.
Our candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and exhibit adaptability and flexibility in response to evolving challenges and opportunities. They will champion diversity and inclusion, demonstrating the ability to engage effectively with people from diverse backgrounds. We value individuals who are not only proficient in their technical skills but also bring a strong sense of empathy, vulnerability, integrity, resilience and self-awareness. They will embrace our organization’s collaborative culture, actively engaging with internal teams, external partners, and the local community to foster meaningful connections and drive sustainable impact.
The ideal candidate lives TNF’s core values of equity and inclusion, innovation, human-centered, community-forward, commitment to learning and unlearning, collaboration and fun.
- Relevant qualification in Education, Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related discipline is essential.
- A Masters degree is preferred.
- At least five years of experience in impact assessment, program evaluation, or a related field, preferably in the education sector, with three years of experience in a senior management or leadership role.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing impact assessment frameworks and tools.
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex information to diverse audiences.
- Proven leadership and team management skills, with a track record of fostering collaborative and high-performing team culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.actionappointments.co.za.