Website Texas Center for Employee Ownership (TXCEO)
About the job
Texas Employee Ownership Center – Program Manager (Part Time)
The Texas Center for Employee Ownership Center (TXCEO) is a nonprofit that serves as the central hub for resources on employee‐ownership for businesses across all of Texas. Its primary mission is to educate business owners, their advisors (lawyers, bankers, accountants, wealth advisors), and community leaders on the social and business benefits of all forms of employee ownership (ESOPs, worker cooperatives, and employee ownership trusts).
TXCEO educates the public about employee ownership through events, resources, case studies, and connections to service providers who can assist with employee ownership transitions. TXCEO serves the entire state of Texas, with a particular focus on outreach to businesses with a diverse workforce and companies located in rural areas. Our overarching goal is to create broad‐based community wealth by increasing the number of employee‐owned businesses in Texas.
TXCEO was founded in 2020 by a group of volunteers and is now seeking a part‐time Program Manager to move it to the next level. The Program Manager position is currently a 2-year funded position. Increased hours and/or a longer-term contract is available depending on the success in fundraising during the initial 2-year contract.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and establishing an inclusive and diverse workforce. Our workforce comes from a variety of different backgrounds, and we pride ourselves on hiring team members that have a commitment to social and economic equity. If you share in our beliefs, please contact us today to talk about joining our team.
Job Title: Program Manager
W2 or Contractor: Independent Contractor
Reports to: TXCEO Board of Directors
Compensation Program: $30 ‐ $35 per hour – 20 hours per week
Benefits: This is an independent contractor position with no benefits
Location: Texas (no physical office so the Program Manager will work remote/coworking space)
Travel: Approximately 35% with some overnight stays.
Residency: Applicant must be a Texas resident
Marketing & Public Relations
- Create marketing strategic annual plan.
- Draft and manage press releases, blogs, articles, white papers, social media content and other deliverables.
- Support media, blogger and podcaster relations and pitch stories and speaking engagement opportunities.
- Participate in the development of campaign concepts and outline tactical implementation.
- Create materials for advertising, conferences, and displays.
- Develop, manage and engage via website and social media networking.
- Assists in live tweeting from hosted or attended events.
- Set up social media page artwork and optimize company pages with company information and content.
- Create email campaigns and content development.
- Draft website content, social media content, blogs, podcast transcripts and other forms of content.
- Lead outreach and cultivate relationships with potential audiences, including business networking groups, community groups (i.e. chamber of commerce), business advisors, educational institutions, each communities social media page (i.e. local community FaceBook groups) and state/local government.
- Implement outreach on succession planning and employee ownership to the business community.
- Develop and facilitate educational events to help spread awareness of employee ownership across Texas.
- Create and maintain database of contacts and upload to company’s CRM.
- Identify fundraising targets and lead efforts to raise funds, including but not limited to corporate, individual, foundation, and municipal grants.
- Establish effective relationships with partner organizations and track contacts in spreadsheets and/or a CRM program.
- Submit periodic reports, as requested.
- Attend conferences on behalf of organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong public speaking skills.
- Online research.
- Non‐profit management.
- Fundraising or business development.
- Grassroots organizing.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, Google Suite, QuickBooks, SmartSheets and CRM contact management systems (Previous experience using Neon or Donor Perfect a plus but not required).
- Marketing or public relations in mainly a business-to-business environment with some business to consumer experience helpful.
- Ability to build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content (original text, images, video, hashtags) that builds connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Social media post creation and scheduling via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Podcast streaming sites.
- Knowledge of employee ownership models ESOPs & worker cooperatives a plus but not required.
- Website development and maintenance.
- Past work in the Texas business and/or economic development community.
The Right Candidate will have the following Characteristics:
- Commitment to social and economic equity.
- Inquisitive with desire to create a large network for TXCEO.
- Comfortable with engaging in direct outreach, including cold‐calling community members.
- Strategic thinker and builder.
- Self-motivated independent worker that works hard because of their own strong work ethics.
- Inherently mission driven with high expectations for the quality of service the TXCEO provides.
- Ethical with high personal standards of conduct and accountability.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.