PolicyLink is a national research and action institute advancing racial and economic equity by Lifting Up What Works®. We are dedicated to improving the lives of the 100 million people in America who live in or near poverty, particularly those facing the barriers of structural racism. We are currently working remotely. Please visit our website at: www.policylink.org.
This position, available immediately, is an exciting opportunity to join the staff at PolicyLink. PolicyLink’s Corporate Racial Equity (CRE) program is growing and in need of a talented Senior Associate. The CRE program works to ignite the racial and economic equity movements more broadly and deeply in corporate America. Through groundbreaking thought leadership, strategic partnerships, and the development of cutting-edge tools for business leaders and investors, we envision a world in which equity is embedded in the DNA of everyday business.
Our flagship initiative is the Corporate Racial Equity Alliance (the Alliance) where we are leading a multiyear effort to develop corporate performance standards on racial and economic equity. The standards will give investors and corporate leaders straightforward guidance on what equity looks like in action and what the private sector must do to achieve it.
This position will provide critical leverage to the CRE program, by leading key components of the work of the Alliance and supporting other areas of the CRE program’s growth. In the near term, the Senior Associate will support the upcoming standards release and launch, including stakeholder engagement efforts, the development of additional guidance and resources to support adoption of the standards, and ongoing research and testing of the standards. In the long term, the Senior Associate will lead as a key content management expert on the standards and more.
This role is all about making real the systems change that is necessary to embed equity and justice into everyday business. Join our dynamic team as we take our work to the next level and bring our audacious vision to reality!
- Supporting the integration of public comment feedback into the final standards, including related to performance targets, indicators, metrics, definitions, guidance, and resources.
- Continuously building the evidentiary basis for the standards through robust research.
- Supporting the work of the standards implementation team on the whole to ensure a comprehensive, holistic, and consistent approach to adoption of the standards.
- Supporting standards implementation efforts by helping partners understand and interpret the standards, developing guidance, and advising on implementation approaches.
- Supporting the integration of the CRE Alliance standards into existing platforms and certifications through partnerships with leading standards setters.
Standards Content Management
- Supporting the design of a multiyear pilot of the corporate standards.
- Implementing a robust feedback mechanism for standards users, monitoring trends in feedback, and creating a plan to address issues.
- Supporting impact measurement to capture and increase the efficacy of the standards in delivering real results to workers, community members, consumers, and all stakeholders.
Organizational and Team Contributions
- Meaningfully contributing to a supportive and healthy culture on the Corporate Racial Equity Team and at PolicyLink.
- Establishing and supporting cross-departmental collaboration to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our work.
- Representing CRE Alliance standards in specific relevant conversations, partnerships, and presentation opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications
- A demonstrated and unwavering commitment to racial and economic justice.
- A learning mindset, adaptability, and a knack for intrapreneurship.
- Prior experience in the private sector is preferred, such as related to sustainability, ESG reporting, accounting, compliance, or as corporate counsel.
- 4+ years in a standards development role a plus, or 4+ years implementing standards within a company or business affinity organization.
- Proficiency across a variety of social sustainability and ESG topics, and a particular focus on US and EU regulatory landscape a plus.
- Subject matter and/or technical expertise related to advancing racial and economic equity in the private sector, which could include areas such as: corporate governance, leadership capacity building, climate and environmental justice, workplace culture, worker power and protections, supply chain diversity, corporate philanthropy, and community engagement.
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills, particularly involving challenging and technical topics.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively and efficiently with civil society and private sector partners.
- This role reports to the Managing Director of Corporate Racial Equity in the Pacific time zone.
- This position is a remote position, with travel required for periodic team gatherings.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $110,000-$120,000, dependent upon experience.
Additionally, PolicyLink provides a generous and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k match, ancillary benefits, access to Flexible Spending Accounts and generous leave benefits.
To apply for this job please visit policylink.bamboohr.com.