Website NY Green Bank
This position is at the NY Green Bank, a division of NYSERDA. NY Green Bank is a globally recognized sustainable investment fund. Its mission is to accelerate clean energy deployment in New York State in alignment with the Climate Act.
NY Green Bank collaborates with the private sector to transform financing markets. It also develops transaction structures and methodologies that overcome typical clean energy investment barriers and can serve as replicable models for other capital providers.
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. The Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (Climate Act) has created the most aggressive climate change goals in the nation and requires an ambitious agenda that blends proven catalysts with innovative approaches while operating across a broader energy arena that is rapidly evolving. New York State Energy Research & Development Authority (NYSERDA) is a driving force in realizing this agenda. NYSERDA works with stakeholders that span residents, business owners, developers, community leaders, local government officials, universities, utilities, investors, entrepreneurs, and more, to develop, invest, and foster conditions that:
- Attract the private sector capital investment needed to expand New York’s clean energy economy.
- Overcome barriers to using clean energy at a large-scale in New York.
- Enable New York’s communities and residents to benefit equitably from energy efficiency and renewable energy.
NY Green Bank, a division of NYSERDA, is a state-sponsored, specialized financial entity working with the private sector to increase investments into New York’s clean energy markets, creating a more efficient, reliable, and sustainable energy system. To achieve these objectives, NYGB collaborates with the private sector to develop transaction structures and methodologies that overcome typical clean energy investment barriers and serve as replicable models for other capital providers. NY Green Bank’s investments and activities support New York State’s goals to combat climate change, as outlined in the Climate Act.
As of June 30, 2023, NYGB has invested more than $2 billion across a range of technologies including building decarbonization, clean energy, energy storage, sustainable transportation, and other sustainable infrastructure. Working with our counterparties and other industry leaders, our investment approach keeps New York State at the evolving frontier of sustainable infrastructure financing markets.
NYGB’s teammates are mission-driven, solutions-oriented professionals with:
- Deep credit, risk, strategy, and operational expertise
- Extensive project finance experience with a technical edge in clean energy and sustainable infrastructure finance
The team is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and works with a wide range of clean energy market stakeholders with diverse interests and backgrounds – including through its effort to meet the goals of the Climate Act by investing in projects benefiting the State’s disadvantaged communities.
NYGB seeks highly motivated, detailed-oriented individuals with excellent organizational, execution, analytic, and communication skills to work with the NYGB team in the critical role of Associate/Analyst, Investment & Portfolio Management. NYGB will hire one person, as either an Associate or Analyst, depending on experience. This position reports to the Managing Director of Investment & Portfolio Management. The individual will work across the organization, including with the Risk & Compliance, Legal & Regulatory Affairs and Operations & Finance teams, as well as with external service providers.
- Participate in introductory calls with potential borrowers
- Schedule follow-up meetings
- Assist in drafting initial diligence questions
- Assist in initial research and analysis of potential transactions
- Present potential transactions to the transaction scoring committee
- Participate in transaction due diligence among investments team
- Coordinate the presentation of information and gathering of feedback from external advisors and internal groups such as Risk & Compliance, Legal and Strategy, Impact & Investor Relations
- Associates expected to construct financial models and run scenarios for analysis
- Draft approval memoranda for internal stakeholders
- Assist in coordinating with outside counsel to document and close transactions
- Prepare transaction onboarding documentation
- Prepare monthly and quarter investment reviews
- Process funding and amendments to loan documentation
- Manage and organize transaction files
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
All candidates are expected to exhibit the following qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate and succinctly summarize complex concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Project management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to handle a variety of projects in parallel
- Ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Self-starter that takes ownership of tasks and follows through on obligations
- Adaptability to changing organizational needs for the position
- Constructive and critical thinker
- Solutions-oriented mindset
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Analyst candidates are also expected to exhibit the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years of experience in banking, credit, or project finance preferred
Associate candidates are also expected to exhibit the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in banking, credit, or project finance preferred
- Financial modeling skills required
- Experience with legal agreements for financial transactions, loan administration, compliance and/or portfolio management required
To apply for this job please visit greenbank.ny.gov.