Website Mission Driven Finance
About Mission Driven Finance
Learn more about us, our why, and our opportunities on our jobs page.
Mission Driven Finance uses finance as a tool for change. We’re all about mobilizing capital that will increase inclusive and equitable access to education, health, and wealth and there are a lot of awesome things happening to achieve our mission. As our fully remote/distributed team continues to rapidly expand, we’re always looking for ways (and people!) to help us stay on track.
Who should apply
We are seeking the type of trusted technology hero who loves digging into the details of data AND helping the business and functional teams find quality and reliable analytics enabling better decisions. You are a resourceful, life long learner who wants to leverage their existing knowledge and skills to build out a powerful data warehouse within MS Fabric, connecting the data across multiple systems and teams. You enjoy digging into API documentation, getting systems connected and working with business and teams to understand the power of their data. You have stopped to consider ELT vs ETL and know how and when to effectively leverage each. You could talk for hours about complex data models and know when the situation calls for a star or snowflake schema.
As Mission Driven Finance is transforming the finance world, you are excited to help transform our data into a valuable business advantage. You love helping convert manual, burdensome excel reports into powerful, real-time PowerBI dashboards. You also love variety and enjoy jumping in to help with a broad range of IT topics and support needs to assist the Senior Director of IT and our growing company.
This position is United States remote. Our team is distributed across the US and works remotely.
You will work under the direction of the Senior Director of IT and work closely with businesses and functions, including the Portfolio Analytics and Finance and Fund Operations teams to create valuable data & analytics business insights.
You will be responsible to:
- Work with businesses and functions to Identify data and systems that would produce actionable business insights including:
- Establishing project goals, outcomes and definitions of value and success
- Developing project timeframes, budgeting estimates and status reports
- Managing IT resources
- Coordinating project team members and meetings throughout
- Identifying long-term support models for project deliverables
Establish and meet service level agreements for internal data and analytics support including:
- Training stakeholders and users, as needed per their role, on Data and Analytics systems
- Identifying and training business and functional subject matter experts on critical elements of the data model and dashboards to provide front line data and analytics support
- Ensure support needs are covered and coordinated to meet business needs
- Work with software vendors to extract our business data via file extracts or through API connections
Build dimensional data models, using industry best practices, that transform our raw data into high-quality data sets including:
- Architecting new and maintaining existing data extraction pipelines
- Building engineering notebook to write to delta tables
- Executing data acquisition and data load of applicable objects
- Building transformation logic into Fabric Warehouse/Lakehouse
- Building a persistent dimensional model layer in Fabric Warehouse/Lakehouse
- Performing data validation of dimensional model
- Building out Power BI semantic layer for analytics
- Build high quality Power BI reports and dashboards to meet business needs including utilizing an agile mindset to develop minimally viable products that quickly get to first value
- Support other IT initiatives and needs as directed
Desired values, qualifications & skills
An ideal candidate will value:
- Our mission to build a better financial system
- Developing solutions from a team perspective
- Ability to take initiative and work semi-independently
- Balancing work quality with efficiency and productivity
- Our culture of humor, flexibility, and resilience
And have a background and skills that include:
- 6+ years of information technology, data engineering, data visualization, data architecture, data science or similar experience; OR Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 2+ years of information technology, data engineering, data visualization, data architecture, data science or similar experience;
- 2+ years of hands-on experience building business intelligence dashboards and reports (utilizing Data Warehouse, Data Modeling and Data Integration) to support business decisions
- 2+ years of hands-on experience architecting data pipelines, building relational databases and data models (including STAR schema); In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience with Azure including provisioning, configuring, and developing solutions in Modern Data Estate (ADF, ADLS, SQL DW/Synapse, Databricks and Power BI)
- Excellent attention to detail, document review, and proofreading skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a high level of professionalism to both internal and external audiences
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately with a high level of professionalism
- Ability to be adaptable and responsive in an evolving startup environment with competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple tasks, responsibilities, and deadlines
- Strong comfort with, and demonstrated ability to learn, technology tools, such as Google
- Workspace, Microsoft Suite, real estate management system(s), customer relationship management platform (Salesforce), project management systems (Asana), communication systems (Slack), and HRIS (Paycom)
Preference for candidates that also have one or more of the following:
- Hands-on experience using PowerBI to build business intelligence dashboards and reports
- Languages: SQL, Python/PySpark, DAX, Microsoft Power BI, and Excel
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Power BI Data Analyst Associate
- Exposure to, or deep interest in, (impact) investing; this might include experience working directly with nonprofits, social enterprises, philanthropic endeavors or investment firms
- Fluency in another language beyond English
- Lived experience in our target investment communities, such as BIPOC, New American, veteran, and other overlooked and underestimated communities
Feeling uncertain about meeting all our qualifications? We understand. Research shows that while men may apply for roles when they meet about 60% of the criteria, individuals from marginalized groups often hold back unless they fulfill every listed requirement.
But here’s the thing: if you believe you could excel in this role, we wholeheartedly encourage you to apply.
We’re all about embracing diversity and considering a wide range of candidates and ways that someone is qualified. Whether you’re new to using your skills in this area, returning after a break, looking to make a transition, or ready to take your career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you. Your unique experiences and perspectives are valuable to us.
So, don’t hesitatetake a chance and submit your application. If you feel your resume may not accurately reflect how you are qualified for this role per the qualifications above, please also submit a cover letter, share what interests you about this role, how you may be qualified in other non-listed or non-traditional ways, and how you envision making a difference. We can’t wait to explore the possibilities together.
This is a Manager level role with an annual salary range of $75,000 – $110,000 per year, plus company incentives, based on your unique skills and experience.
We recognize that compensation is an important aspect of your decision to apply, and we strive to offer competitive salaries that reflect the skills, experience, and value each team member brings to our organization.
It’s important to note that starting salaries for most candidates will fall at or below the 50th percentile of the above salary band. However, starting salaries will be determined based on factors such as qualifications, experience, and internal equity considerations.
We are committed to fostering a transparent and equitable compensation structure and welcome discussions regarding salary expectations with our HR / Recruitment team during the interview process.
This position includes company standard benefits:
- Generous time off plan along with 15 paid holidays
- Remote and flexible work schedule and environment
- Unlimited paid vacation time
- 401k retirement plan with 4% employer match
- Monthly stipend for work from home expenses
- Access to health/dental/vision plan
- Participation in company incentive program(s)
- Up to $500 annually towards professional development
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.