Meta’s Net Zero team drives Net Zero strategy, programs and engagement across the company and with our partners. We seek an experienced strategy manager to work with internal stakeholders to drive strategy and implement a portfolio of emissions reduction projects to meet Meta’s Net Zero 2030 value chain goal. This role will be responsible for collaborating with the Net Zero and Sustainability team to identify long term pathways to reduce Meta’s GHG emissions and partnering with cross-functional teams to support the development and execution of new and existing GHG reduction initiatives. We are looking for smart and flexible candidates who are enthusiastic about collaborating with others, with strong analytical skills, demonstrated technical and critical thinking abilities and exemplary communication skills. The ideal candidate has strong GHG emissions expertise, has experience to guide financial and economic analysis that informs strategic planning for carbon-related programs, and has a proven track record of leading high-impact, cross-functional corporate Net Zero projects at a global scale.
Sustainability Strategy Manager, Net Zero Responsibilities
- Build and manage relationships, form consensus and coordinate with internal, cross-functional partners
- facilitate engagement and understanding of Meta’s Net Zero goals
- Lead collaborations with cross-functional partners to set internal intermediate emissions reduction targets and drive the development of internal emission reduction strategies
- Scale the impact of suppliers and internal initiatives to accelerate value chain GHG emissions reduction
- Track progress against internal and external emission reduction targets
- Build and manage emissions reduction program processes and tools to enable prioritization, project selection and implementation
- Implement a portfolio of GHG reduction projects that align with corporate strategy and goals through internal partnerships
- Facilitate annual and quarterly net zero planning, goal setting, roadmapping, budgeting, and communication across the Net Zero and Sustainability Team and other internal teams to share progress, gaps and needs, risks and mitigation strategies.
- Effectively communicate program progress internally, including developing collateral for and participating in executive communications
- Drive financial evaluation of emerging opportunities and risks, support evaluation of emissions reduction technology
- Serve as a responsible steward of organizational budget and manage portfolio of consultants on key work streams by providing strategic guidance and oversight.
- Undergraduate degree in environmental science, business or related field
- 10+ years of experience in corporate sustainability or related field
- Demonstrated trust, partnership, change management and stakeholder engagement internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership in developing value chain emissions reduction strategy for large corporations
- Experience delivering projects aligned with large scale corporate goals through influence and collaboration
- Technical knowledge of carbon reduction strategies, technology and evaluation techniques
- Experience communicating effectively with senior internal leadership
- Proven technical experience with greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) accounting, carbon reduction strategies, technology and evaluation techniques
- Flexible, entrepreneurial spirit with experience influencing across an organization with indirect authority
- Experience managing multiple projects and coordinating with internal interdisciplinary teams as well as external stakeholders
- Master’s degree in related field (e.g. MBA, Master’s in Sustainability Management, Environmental science)
- Experience in management consulting and leading engagements with corporate clients
- Experience setting and reporting on corporate GHG reduction targets and commitments (e.g. Net zero, SBTi)
- Practical and applied subject matter expertise in external frameworks and standards (e.g., TCFD, GHG Protocol, ISO, etc.)
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to [email protected].
$142,000/year to $202,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Individual pay is determined by skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Compensation details listed in this posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity or sales incentives, if applicable. In addition to base salary, Meta offers benefits. Learn more about benefits at Meta.
To apply for this job please visit www.metacareers.com.