Website Media Development Investment Fund
About the job
DIRECTOR – WESTERN BALKANS FUND
Media Development Investment Fund (MDIF) is seeking to appoint a full time highly competent and organized professional for the position of Program Director for our Western Balkans Fund. Details of the key responsibilities, requirements and application are below.
- Lead the building of investment pipeline for the Fund by identifying potential loan and equity candidates [in collaboration with other program and investment staff in Europe].
- Lead the design and implementation of other Fund activities and lead the process of identifying qualified participants [in collaboration with other program and investment staff in Europe].
- Prepare materials for processing of candidates towards programmatic approval.
- Monitor the mission related aspects of Fund beneficiaries’ work.
- Co-ordinate technical assistance for Fund beneficiaries [in close collaboration with MDIF Media Advisory Services (MAS) and investment staff].
- Participate in fundraising efforts for the Fund.
- Ensure compliance with funders’ contractual requirements and MDIF policies and procedures.
- Prepare narrative reports for funders, coordinate preparation of financial reports.
- Monitor political, economic and other relevant developments in the region as they impact the program implementation.
- Recruit and manage additional program staff to be hired if/as needed.
- Proven experience in journalism, media management or media support fields.
- Understanding of the media environment in Western Balkans.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in an international, dispersed team.
- Ability to manage external consultants.
- Experience in managing U.S. government funded projects an advantage.
- Fluency in English, knowledge of at least one Western Balkan language.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.