Website MAPS Public Benefit Corp.
MAPS PBC is pioneering a new form of mental health care, beginning with the development of MDMA-assisted therapy as an FDA-approved treatment for PTSD. MDMA-assisted therapy is a new paradigm in the treatment of mental health, combining a medicine with psychotherapy to address the root causes of PTSD. It has been designated a Breakthrough Therapyby the FDA and the results of our pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial were published in Nature Medicine and profiled on the front page of The New York Times.
MAPS PBC is a Public Benefit Corporation, with a dual mandate to generate shareholder value and public benefit. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), a non-profit working for over three decades to develop medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from psychedelics. We are committed to continuing to lead the field of psychedelic medicine with integrity and ethics at the core.
Why work for MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC)?
· We are a diverse team that shares a deep belief in the critical need for innovation and expanded access in the treatment of mental health conditions.
· We are entrepreneurial, collaborative, and open-minded in how we approach our innovative work.
· We are a new kind of pharmaceutical company that prioritizes public benefit over profit and is committed to sustainability, accountability, and transparency.
We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives. MAPS PBC values and seeks applicants who are people of color, queer, transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender fluid people. MAPS PBC strives to establish a supportive, equitable and accessible work environment.
Head of Market Access Executive Summary
The Head of Market Access is responsible to maximize access to MDMA-AT by securing optimal coverage, provider reimbursement, and distribution at launch and through all stages of the product lifecycle. MDMA-AT is widely expected to be the first psychedelic treatment approved for medical use. This individual will help bring this first-in-class product into the US healthcare system and collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, Finance, and Clinical Development to build and execute an ambitious market access strategy.
This role is a distinctive opportunity for an experienced market access professional seeking to leverage his/her expertise to help build a new kind of biopharma company:
· Impact: We are ambitious in our goals and bold in our actions as we pave the way for the burgeoning psychedelic medicine industry. Our work is at the cutting edge of psychiatry, mental health, and CNS drug development.
· Integrity: We innovate with integrity, and we are accountable for our actions as stewards of MDMA-assisted therapy. We are building the playbook for how to commercialize a psychedelic medicine for the first time in history. We are committed to earning trust through transparency, honesty and upholding our commitments to all.
· Care: We act with compassion and embody conscious connection with ourselves, our peers, and our customers. In difficult situations, we choose to lean in with open heartedness to allow authenticity and truth to be explored with dignity and respect. We see the significance in our work and the importance of doing things right.
· Openness: We are inclusive, curious, and welcoming of new perspectives. We listen to learn, and we do so with open minds. We welcome and uplift underrepresented voices and we deeply believe in the power of a diverse workforce.
This position will report to the Chief Commercial Officer, and it will be directly managing Accounts, Trade, and Contract Analytics.
- Market Access Strategy and Marketing: Maintain deep understanding of payer policies and trends around PTSD care and behavioral health. Build payer value story and content, tools, and resources to support payer engagement. Develop and execute pricing, contracting, and coding strategies for both the drug and integrated therapy. Monitor trends and developments in order to proactively identify needs and actions to support the value proposition of our portfolio across a multitude of payer and behavioral health environments including Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid
- Value and Evidence Strategy: Identify evidence (e.g., HEOR, RWE) needed to support market access strategies throughout the product lifecycle, and collaborate with clinical, scientific, and regulatory teams to generate.
- Payer Engagement and Contract Operations: Ensure best practices are implemented across pricing, contracting, and reporting in close collaboration with finance and compliance.
- Patient Assistance and Services: Stand up a patient assistance program that maximizes equitable access, including commercial copay assistance and support for uninsured patients. Establish and oversee hub services with 3rd party vendor.
- Trade and Distribution: Define distribution strategy that supports launch and brand objectives. Develop and manage network of trade partners including 3PL, specialty distributors, and specialty pharmacies.
- 10-15 years of experience in a pharmaceutical commercial role, including:
- 5+ years of U.S. market access experience
- Experience with CNS, psychiatric, and/or behavioral health treatments preferred.
- Experience with product launches required.
- Experience with REMS, Patient Support programs, and Patient Hubs preferred.
- Experience with specialty pharmacy distribution required.
- Deep knowledge of the economic models and decision drivers of commercial and government payers, PBMs, and trade partners (including specialty distribution/pharmacy)
- Experience with VA and with behavioral health managed care carve-outs preferred.
- Demonstrated top-tier business acumen, problem solving capabilities, and ability to drive sound decisions and action.
- Experience and proven ability to communicate with and influence across an organization.
- Experience hiring, managing, and developing talent at the individual and team levels.
- Experience in both large/mature and earlier stage companies preferred.
- An advanced degree in business or related discipline, or equivalent high-quality professional experience.
MAPS PBC is a distributed team that uses technology and periodic in-person gatherings to stay connected. We look for people who are comfortable with and skilled at remote work and collaboration.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.psychedelicalpha.com.