Website KKR & Co. Inc.
KKR & Co. Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management and capital markets and insurance solutions. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and supporting growth in its portfolio companies and communities. KKR sponsors investment funds that invest in private equity, credit and real assets and has strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR’s insurance subsidiaries offer retirement, life and reinsurance products under the management of The Global Atlantic Financial Group.
ABOUT KKR GLOBAL IMPACT
KKR Global Impact is focused on identifying and investing behind global opportunities where financial performance and societal impact are intrinsically aligned. Specifically, the business is focused on companies whose core business models provide commercial solutions that contribute measurable progress toward one or more of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals. To learn more, visit https://www.kkr.com/businesses/global-impact, including our brochure which provides an overview of Global Impact’s approach and highlights from our 2021 Impact Report to Fund investors.
KKR is seeking a Senior Manager to support the assessment, management, and reporting of impact and sustainability performance for the KKR Global Impact strategy. This role would be based in our New York office and report into KKR’s Sustainable Investing team.
A successful candidate typically will have three to five years of work experience and a background in at least one of the following, or associated fields with overlap in critical competencies: responsible investment, sustainability management, impact management, and reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING
Responsibilities related to the monitoring and reporting
- Coordinate with investment teams and sustainability consultants to produce rigorous and transparent analysis on impact and sustainability performance at the Fund and portfolio company level, for use in Global Impact Fund’s annual Impact Report to its investors
- Support in the aggregation and quality control of metrics for use in external reporting to LPs, regulators, and broader public on the strategy’s performance against its impact objectives and material ESG topics (e.g. KKR’s 2022 Sustainability Report and Global Impact’s brochure).
- Collaborate with deal teams in the application of quarterly monitoring templates showing performance against impact objective and material ESG topics
Responsibilities related to supporting portfolio companies:
Collaborate with companies, investment team and specialist consultants, to:
- Implement leading impact measurement practices, designing metrics measuring contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals, and ensuring consistency in the design of third-party impact studies, such as outcome surveys and life-cycle assessments.
- Embed measurement and goal-setting into company practices, with a focus on:
- Material, business relevant sustainability topics identified using SASB Industry Standards, and SASB metrics
- KKR’s cross-portfolio ambitions relating to management & governance, climate, human capital and data responsibility, including employee ownership (see KKR’s 2022 Sustainability Report)
- Best practices in transparency and reporting, including use of credible third-party frameworks and benchmarking.
Responsibilities related to investment process
- Partner with the investment team and KKR’s non-profit partners to implement KKR’s impact management processes, including the development of an impact thesis and evaluating a potential investment’s contributions to Sustainable Development Goal targets
- Collaborate with the investment team and specialist advisors in the scoping of ESG diligence, focusing on material, business-relevant sustainability topics, leveraging the SASB framework
- Support deal teams by reviewing expected impact projections and ensuring consistency in approach across transactions
Responsibilities related to thought leadership
- Conduct research and engage with external networks and specialists to ensure Global Impact’s processes are aligned with leading practices.
- Support Client Partner Group and Public Affairs teams to compile thoughtful content related to impact and sustainability topics for use in stakeholder materials.
- Passion for impact, the environment, and sustainable business
- Comfort with Excel and quantitative data; for example, academic or work experience in compiling databases, performing quality checks and trend analysis
- Strong analytical skills; ability to review information and develop recommendations categorized by level of priority
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage longer-term with interim deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort and credibility working in collaboration with portfolio company executives
- Strong cultural fit – teamwork, proactive/self-starter, results oriented and integrity
To apply for this job please visit www.kkr.com.