About the job
Equity Research Associate/Senior Associate – Environmental, Social and Governance and Public Policy Research
The role sits in our Equity Research Group and will be a part of the Global ESG and Sustainable Finance Research and Strategy Team, led by Dr. Aniket Shah.
We are keen to hire an Associate/Senior Associate to join the team NYC. The role will focus specifically on Public Policy, linking developments in local, state, federal and global public policy related to ESG and energy transition topics to investment decision making of institutional investors and corporates.
- Write reports pertaining to key ESG public policy developments and their impact on asset allocation and investment returns
- Organize investor trips to Washington DC and other major policy centers to facilitate discussion between ESG investors and policy maker
- Collaborate with colleagues who cover specific sectors, enabling them to benefit from your insight into ESG & Sustainable Finance
- Assist in building the franchise, helping to win market share from competitors
- At least 3-5 years of proven experience in a public policy research role – derived from a leading think-tank or policy institution
- A passion for ESG and its growing relevance within the world of finance and beyond
- Able to communicate effectively – both written and verbal
- A suitable record of academic achievement, ideally including a post-graduate degree
The salary range for this role is $115,000-$150,000.
Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (‘‘Jefferies,’’ ‘‘we,’’ ‘‘us’’ or ‘‘our’’) is a U.S.-headquartered global full service, integrated investment banking and securities firm. Our largest subsidiary, Jefferies LLC, a U.S. broker-dealer, was founded in the U.S. in 1962 and our first international operating subsidiary, Jefferies International Limited, a U.K. broker-dealer, was established in the U.K. in 1986. Our strategy focuses on continuing to build out our investment banking effort, enhancing our capital markets businesses and further developing our Leucadia Asset Management alternative asset management platform. We offer deep sector expertise across a full range of products and services in investment banking, equities, fixed income, asset and wealth management in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East and Asia.
At Jefferies, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives. We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for all employees regardless of our differences and supports a workforce that is reflective of the communities where we work and live. As a result, we are able to pool our collective insights and intelligence to provide fresh and innovative thinking for our clients.
Jefferies is an equal employment opportunity employer, and takes affirmative action to ensure that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, genetic information, reproductive health decisions, or any other factor protected by applicable law. We are committed to hiring the most qualified applicants and complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. As part of this commitment, Jefferies will extend reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities, as required by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.