Website Investment Management Corporation of Ontario (IMCO)
About the job
At IMCO, our talent is among the best! IMCO offers a uniquely stimulating and rewarding environment where you can help build and drive organizational transformation, all while seeking to challenge yourself, learn, and grow your career.
We offer a culture of collaboration and passion, creating unwavering value for the clients we serve. Our vision is to be the partner of choice for Ontario’s public sector funds and build a high-performing, value-based Asset Management firm in the heart of downtown Toronto.
If you are ready to drive best-in-class service, and join a collaborative, motivated, and fun team of professionals, we’re ready to offer you a great place to work with exciting opportunities for growth and development.
If you want to use your expertise to drive strategic business outcomes, then we want you at IMCO!
IMCO is looking for a highly motivated Principal, Sustainability Policy & Innovation to join our growing team!
IMCO is looking for a Principal to join the Sustainable Investing (SI) team during an exciting period of transformative change and growth as we deliver IMCO’s Climate and ESG objectives across its $71B portfolio.
Reporting to the Senior Principal, Sustainable Investing, you will play an integral role in delivering on the SI team’s mandate by providing strong cross-functional, subject matter expertise to the investment teams and various departments. This role will deliver all facets of sustainability innovation and evolution, including leading research & analysis into sustainability-related regulation & policy, shaping IMCO’s approach, and managing our external stakeholder relationships including coalitions, clients, and partners; as well as supporting the climate taxonomy and carbon measurement efforts and implementing ESG/climate reporting strategies across the investment portfolio.
The ideal candidate has a track record of understanding, translating, and implementing policy, working in complex stakeholder environments, leading and facilitating discussions, as well as building strong relationships at multiple levels.
As a member of our team, you will effectively team across IMCO to deliver impact across three priorities:
- Monitor developments on ESG and climate policies and practices relative to peers and the financial industry more broadly, and ensuring the firm is positioned effectively for credibility and leadership. Distill key developments and proactively develop IMCO’s approach to these developments
- Provide subject matter expertise on climate and sustainability financial related reporting & disclosure, including measurement, disclosure requirements, standards, framework and industry trends and legislations
- Advance the reporting strategy and recommend fit-for-purpose governance, controls, and processes around disclosures
- Oversee design and implementation of our integrated reporting procedures and processes; monitors compliance by the team for the purpose of continuously improving operations to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Participate / lead strategic efforts to identify and analyze new sustainability factors
- Optimize IMCO’s approach to external engagement to maximize value to IMCO
- Engage and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver ESG and climate objectives and advance IMCO’s sustainability initiatives; oversee optimal approach to engage IMCO’s leaders in efforts
- Drive prioritized engagement efforts internally and externally as well as industry initiatives
- Contribute to thought leadership and communication on IMCO’s climate and sustainability views to internal and external stakeholders
- Shape content for effective client dialogue, building and maintaining a cohesive vision of sustainability between IMCO and our clients
- Provide advice and support to develop and implement climate strategies and the TCFD framework across asset classes and in total portfolio management
- Work with internal and external partners to develop and implement analytical frameworks and tools to measure climate risk and opportunity and build sustainable investing portfolios
- Support developing ESG and climate risk process, targets, metrics, data collection, and reporting
What do you need to succeed?
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience in policy, law, accounting, finance, investment management, sustainability, and/or other relevant area
- Postgraduate degree in Law, Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other relevant disciplines with strong knowledge of the investment industry. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and/or Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designations would be an asset
- Comprehensive understanding of asset management and financial markets, with the ability to demonstrate the investment relevance of Climate/ESG issues
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with TCFD, PCAF (Partnership for Carbon Accounting Financials), evolving ISSB and other sustainability and climate-related reporting frameworks
- Deep knowledge of ESG/Climate practices, regulations, standards, disclosures and frameworks across asset classes
- The ability to grasp and translate technical concepts, to think independently, and to take the initiative required to present alternatives to resolve issues
- Strong service orientation with a demonstrated ability to forge relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong research and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and business judgement
- Excellent writing and presentation skills and the ability to communicate with a broad stakeholder group
- Team player who enjoys a collaborative environment and high-performance culture
What IMCO Can Offer You:
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, to deliver an unparalleled employee experience and to work as one team to continuously improve the management of broader public-sector investment funds and pension plans. In addition to offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package, we pride ourselves on helping you reach your potential, making a difference in our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our hybrid work model offers flexibility and provides our employees with the opportunity to lead a well-balanced life. Our Corporation’s offices located at 16 York Street, Suite 2400, Toronto, ON M5J 0E6 provide a welcoming space for employees to gather, work collaboratively, and grow together.
IMCO is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities in its recruitment process. Please advise IMCO if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs. Candidates being considered for this position will be required to submit to a background screening.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.