About the job
The Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Management Specialist / Consultant will be responsible for developing and overseeing environmental, social, and corporate governance policies and procedures for the stakeholders or particular clients. The incumbent will provide technical expertise on key issues related to environmental and social impact assessment and on sustainability risks in the design, preparation, implementation, and supervision of Groyyo’s taking into consideration best industry practices and standards.
• Familiarizing him/her with the ESG standard required from the clients/stakeholders.
• Coordinate skill training and referral process to implement interventions related to ESG (Environmental Social Governance) or GSI (Gender Social Inclusions).
• Build partnerships with different service providers and prepare and follow up referral plans on a regular basis.
• Oversee all project activities and be the contact point for the economic reintegration component.
• Advice on the ‘best practice’ approach to all aspects of program and project management which is practical
• Responsible for submitting activity reports, meeting minutes, and reports to project management.
• Work closely with team members to provide ESG, and GSI training on strategic initiatives, project operation, problem-solving, prioritization of work and thereby improving quality.
• Monitor the effectiveness of the implementation of the appropriate ESMS (Policies, Process, Procedures, and Guides) and provide for their updating in line with changes in laws, regulations, and corporate directives;
• Review project-related activities and ensure compliance with E&S Policies, Management Plans and Procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree and above, with professional qualifications in Sustainability, Compliance or related International Standards.
- Candidate with at least 2 – 3 years of experience, working in the apparel industry, buying house/ sourcing house/ trading house.
- Knowledge of world-class impact investing standards and GSI standards.
- Independent, flexible, good networking, training & communication skills.
- Knowledge about current issues related to GSI (Gender Social Inclusions), Sustainability practices in RMG, and Green Smart garments.
- Efficient in MS Suits – use of Word, PowerPoint, Excel
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.