Website Global Impact Investing Network
About the Job
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Associate will provide program support and play a key role in ensuring the smooth execution of the Communications and Outreach at the GIIN.
The main areas of focus of this role will be:
• Writing & editing (short and long-form copy and content)
• Public relations & outreach coordination
• Grant reporting
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Update Salesforce with contacts and call notes from Communications Director and CMO
• Update media list in Salesforce
• Track media coverage
• Share media coverage internally on relevant Slack channels and ensure such coverage is elevated on organizational social media platforms (mainly LinkedIn)
• Prepare reports about media activity
• Support Communications Manager with interview briefs as needed
• As needed, provide general support on the production of communication and marketing materials designed to increase the visibility of impact investing and the GIIN’s role in the industry’s growth
• Research potential media contacts and opportunities (podcasts, publications, journalists, editors, and producers)
• Research potential storytelling angles and contribute to the development of the GIIN’s editorial calendar Grant reporting:
• Produce reports for the Development Team’s grant reports (typically on a quarterly basis) Execute additional tasks as needed
Self starter with strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Proactive communicator who identifies problems, communicates them, and takes initiative to solve them
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with either social or traditional media is desirable, but not required
• Experience with and/or aptitude for technology solutions and databases, such as Salesforce, Pardot, Cision, Zoom, MailChimp, etc.
• Working knowledge of computer software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Interest or experience in impact investing and/or social and environmental issues
• Ability to work outside of normal business hours at times of peak project flow
• Personable, engaging presence with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
• Aligned in thought and action with GIIN’s values: https://thegiin.org/values-and-guiding-principles
• Commitment to equity and justice. Successful candidates will be aware that race, income, age, immigration status, sexual orientation, gender and gender expression, and other identities can play, and have historically played, a role in equity disparities, including within organizations. Successful candidates will be committed to continuous learning about diversity, equity, and inclusion and how to manifest these principles in the workplace.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.thegiin.org.