About the job
GenZero is an investment platform company focused on accelerating decarbonisation globally. Founded by Temasek, we seek to deliver positive climate impact alongside long-term sustainable financial returns by investing in opportunities with the potential to be nurtured into impactful and scalable solutions.
Driven by a common purpose to decarbonise for future generations, we recognise the need for a holistic and integrated approach to achieve a net zero world. At GenZero, we adopt a flexible investment approach across three focus areas to drive climate impact: (i) nature-based solutions that help protect and restore our natural ecosystems while benefiting local communities and biodiversity; (ii) technology-based solutions that deliver deep decarbonisation impact; and (iii) carbon ecosystem enablers which refer to companies and solutions that support the development of an effective, efficient, and credible carbon ecosystem.
For more information on GenZero, visit www.genzero.co.
We are seeking for an investment professional that will be part of a team that will help originate, undertake financial and commercial due diligence as well as execute global investment opportunities that are driven by decarbonisation e.g. nature-based climate solutions (including forestry, agriculture, ecotourism), as well as other opportunities in the carbon value chain (including carbon services and technology enablers).
This role offers the unique opportunity to join a fast-growing and dynamic organization in an exciting and newly created role based in Singapore.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Originate, evaluate, and execute investment opportunities
- Undertake industry research, financial analysis and due diligence on target companies and projects
- Monitor financial performance of investee companies, identifying areas of engagement with the investee companies
- Participate in reviews of investee companies in order to evaluate areas such as long-term strategic direction / options and value creation initiatives
- Mentor, develop and lead younger team members
Experience and qualifications:
- 6-10 years’ experience, ideally with a track record of growth capital investing with leading financial institutions or family offices, or in business development roles with MNCs
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Experience with impact or ESG investing and/or carbon markets will be an advantage
- Ability to thrive in a start-up and fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- Degree in business, accounting, engineering, or environmental science
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.