About the job
GenZero is an investment platform company focused on accelerating decarbonisation globally. Founded by Temasek, we seek to deliver positive climate impact alongside long-term sustainable financial returns by investing in opportunities with the potential to be nurtured into impactful and scalable solutions.
Driven by a common purpose to decarbonise for future generations, we recognise the need for a holistic and integrated approach to achieve a net zero world. At GenZero, we adopt a flexible investment approach across three focus areas to drive climate impact: (i) nature-based solutions that help protect and restore our natural ecosystems while benefiting local communities and biodiversity; (ii) technology-based solutions that deliver deep decarbonisation impact; and (iii) carbon ecosystem enablers which refer to companies and solutions that support the development of an effective, efficient, and credible carbon ecosystem.
For more information on GenZero, visit www.genzero.co.
We are seeking for an Associate or Senior Associate that will be part of the Strategy and Development team, to help support the team in areas such as investment strategy, portfolio construction, capital allocation, capital management and portfolio management.
This role offers the unique opportunity to join a fast-growing and dynamic organization in an exciting and newly-created role based in Singapore with global exposure.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Investment strategy: Support team on overall strategy development and execution in areas such as investment strategy, portfolio construction, capital allocation, capital management and portfolio management
- Portfolio construction & capital management: Monitor capital deployment, allocation and investment run-rate across investment strategies (nature-based solutions, technology-based solutions and carbon ecosystem enablers) and geographies; support team on capital management options over time
- Portfolio management: Collaborate closely with investment teams to track targets on financial returns and climate impact, financial and operational performance, and provide summary dashboard on portfolio performance
- Investor relations & stakeholder management: Support engagement with shareholders, board and investment committee members including preparing and updating materials and decks
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience, ideally with corporate finance, investment banking or consulting background with leading financial institutions or advisory firms
- In-depth understanding on investments, financial analysis, and financial markets
- Collaborative team player, aptitude for fast learning and growth, positive work attitude and self-driven
- Strong analytical and quantitative skill sets, comfortable with numbers and ability to synthesize data
- Strong project management skills, capable of working with internal and external stakeholders across functional areas and seniority levels
- Good communication and presentation skills, both verbally and in writing
- Passion for sustainability, impact, decarbonisation and/ or carbon markets
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.