Website Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment
CCSI is seeking candidates for two Program Associate positions who have recently earned a degree from an undergraduate institution to support a wide range of research, operational, and administrative responsibilities. The center’s core areas of research include: Investment Law & Policy; Extractive Industries; Land, Agriculture & Food Systems; Energy Transition; Climate Change; Human Rights & Investment; and SDG-Aligned Business & Finance.
For more details regarding responsibilities and qualifications, and to apply, see here.
- Conduct substantive qualitative and quantitative research on a broad range of topics for research and technical support projects, publications, meetings, and events.
- Support drafting of various texts and materials alongside the Director and CCSI researchers.
- Plan and oversee the logistics for high-level meetings and events.
Serve as primary liaison with collaborators and partners on CCSI projects.
- Provide administrative support for research and project management.
- Represent the Center in calls, meetings, and fora with external collaborators and potential partners and sponsors.
- Additional assignments as requested by CCSI research and operational staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Must be able to work with diverse constituencies and support an inclusive work environment.
- One to two years related experience through internships and coursework.
- Preference given to those in their final academic semester of a bachelor’s degree program or those who have graduated in the past year. Some research experience is optimal.
- Accuracy, strong organizational skills and attention to detail required. Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills necessary.
- Ability to exercise discretion and handle confidential information essential. Ability to work under pressure on competing responsibilities with resilience, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Capable of working on projects independently as well as working well as part of a team.
- Advanced French or Spanish language skills is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit ccsi.columbia.edu.