Website CFA UK
About the job
Question Writers for Level 4 Certificate in Impact Investing
No of vacancies: 4
Commitment: 5 days minimum over an 8 week period
Reports to: Qualifications Manager
CFA UK has developed a new qualification in Impact Investing and is seeking practitioner subject matter experts to support the development of the new qualification.
Building on the launch of the Certificate in ESG Investing in 2019 and the Certificate in Climate and Investing in 2022, CFA UK recognises the growing importance of equipping today’s investment professional with the knowledge and skills necessary to understand impact as it relates to investing and to integrate impact considerations into the investment decision making process.
Question writers are responsible for writing the assessment material for the qualification. This will be in the form of individual questions, rather than an whole examination paper.
Each question writer is required to:
· write questions with identified answer keys, according to the syllabus specification and question writer guidelines
· ensure that each question meets the requirements in terms of required level, appropriateness for the qualification and specification
· submit a short rationale for why each question key is correct and why each distractor is an incorrect answer
· submit the material to CFA UK within the agreed time-scale and in the format specified
· send a revised version of the material to CFA UK following feedback
· attend, where necessary, an editing meeting at which the revised draft of the assessment material is evaluated and amended where required (likely to be via video conferencing)
· carry out all these services in line with CFA UK instructions and schedules.
Who are we looking for?
The purpose of the new qualification is to enable investment professionals to understand the implications of impact investing in an investment organisation and incorporate the relevant tools, techniques and data into investment decision making.
As such we are seeking investment professionals with subject matter expertise in the following areas:
· Impact investment philosophy, strategy and implementation
· Asset classes and products in private and public markets
· Impact investing sourcing and due diligence
· Impact measurement, management, monitoring and reporting
Applicants who do not have the specified industry experience will not be considered.
Experience in writing assessment material is not required as training will be provided.
Typical question writing process
1. Question Writers submit agreed amount of questions by set deadline.
2. Questions are reviewed by internal CFA UK staff
3. If required, CFA UK staff provide first-stage feedback to Question Writer and agree date for re-submission
4. Questions are reviewed by Impact Investing Panel.
5. If required, Impact Investing Panel provide panel feedback to Question Writer and date for re-submission is agreed
6. If required, Question Writer attends Impact Investing Panel for final review of questions.
What you will gain:
· Insight into qualification development and delivery by helping to define and determine the requirements and set the competency standards for those entering the sector.
· Working with the Impact Investing Panel, you will help define and determine the requirements of the assessment and set the competency standard for those entering the sector
· Build your profile within the CFA UK network of volunteers, the wider membership and the industry
· The opportunity to interact with an interesting and engaged group of fellow practitioners from a range of sectors
· The opportunity to meet and network with other like-minded investment professionals
· Receive training in how to write examination standard question
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.