Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Project Manager, Community Impact and Investment
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
External Affairs works with many external and internal stakeholders to envision and create a world of greater socioeconomic opportunity through advocating for an inclusive society, building thriving communities, and creating financial tools that enrich lives. Our teams include Communications, Community Impact and Investment, Community Finance, CRA Strategy and Program Management, the Government and Political Affairs Group, Regulatory Relations, and Strategy and Engagement. Through our teams, we have access to a diverse group of motivated changemakers similarly focused on the ingredients for a better future.
Capital One’s Community Impact and Investment team is looking for a Project Manager to support the team in the delivery of high impact programs with a focus on innovation, ideation, program execution, learning and reporting, and relationship management.
The project manager will enable end-to-end program execution and ongoing management through the application of stakeholder inputs, and internal research and insights. The Project Manager will have both project and process management experience, thrives in a start-up environment and is energized by the ability to shape impactful programs at scale. This person will be a skilled communicator, comfortable managing through change, demonstrate judgment and organization skills, and serve the team as a culture carrier.
The project manager will dedicate 80% of their time to CI&I’s Social Impact Program Execution Team and Capital One Insights Center, with 20% of their time dedicated to the the Capital One Foundation.
- Leverage problem solving and influencing skills to support execution and delivery of major grant programs and implementation of partnerships with a focus on quality, scalability, evaluation and mitigating risks
- Working with early-lifecycle opportunities, adding definition to their scope and objectives to turn them into tangible and purposeful delivery opportunities
- Establish appropriate governance over work as it matures to facilitate its progress, maintain the motivation of the team and to keep its stakeholders up to date
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management and delivery for critical, high-visibility and complex efforts in a matrixed environment
- Ensure projects and key initiatives are documented appropriately to mitigate risk and support on-time delivery
- Create and manage project, process and program documents and implement mechanisms to standardize their use, in order to maintain well managed programs (i.e. presentation decks, KPIs, workflow trackers)
- Strengthen current initiatives with business acumen so that they are adapted to achieve impact objectives
- Build relationships and partner cross-functionally with other CI&I teams, EA partners and other key stakeholders to drive project delivery
- Perform due diligence on program activities to meet legal and technical requirements
- Partner with the team to create frameworks and gather resources to enable the quick delivery of new programs or partnership initiatives
- Test and learn novel approaches and technologies to managing team projects and horizontal initiatives
- Support cultivating team morale and camaraderie from concept to execution through events, meetings, activities, recognition etc.
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- 4 years of Project Management experience
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- 1 years of experience in program and/or project evaluation
To apply for this job please visit www.capitalonecareers.com.