BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while aiming at providing attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. Today, the firm offers impact investment solutions across asset classes, connecting millions of entrepreneurs in emerging and frontier markets with investors with the aim to make impact investment solutions accessible to all and to advance the conscious use of capital. Being a professional investment manager and expert in innovative blended finance mandates, BlueOrchard has a sophisticated international investor base and is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. To date, BlueOrchard has invested over USD 10 billion across more than 100 countries. Over 280 million underserved people in emerging and frontier markets received access to financial and related services with the support of BlueOrchard as of December 2022. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Lima, Peru as an
Associate Impact Manager: Impact Management Team
The Associate Impact Manager (AIM) will be part of the Impact Management Team and will report to the Head of Impact.
The purpose of this position is to contribute to the team’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and impact management activities with respect to funds under BlueOrchard management.
The AIM will independently perform the tasks outlined below or as assigned by his/her supervisor. The AIM is expected to have a thorough understanding of BlueOrchard Finance’s (BOF) business model and processes. The AIM will perform impact and ESG assessments both at investee and portfolio level. The AIM will contribute to the enhancement of BOF’s impact and ESG management practices and frameworks, including tools, investment processes, monitoring and reporting.
- ESG and Impact management tools, policies and procedures: implement the B. Impact framework for designated existing and new initiatives. Contribute to maintaining the relevant policies and procedures up to date.
- ESG and Impact assessments: perform impact and ESG assessments of investees through the proprietary impact and ESG tools across asset classes and sectors. Ensure consistent and correct recording of ESG & Impact assessments in BlueOrchard’s Management Information System (MIS) as well as in any relevant database as applicable. Perform impact assessments at fund level, and support the Technical Assistance (TA) Team on the development and implementation of specific TA projects focused on impact and ESG at investee and portfolio level (e.g. end-client surveys).
- ESG and Impact monitoring: perform monitoring of the relevant portfolio and individual investment impact KPIs. Proactively monitor and update ESG and impact assessments in line with internal procedures. Monitor the progress of investees in completing established engagement action plans and develop potential additional engagement actions in case further engagement with an investee is required.
- ESG and Impact reporting: carry out regular monthly, quarterly, and annual investor reporting on Funds under responsibility. Respond to investor requests relating to ESG & impact and prepare ESG & impact related due diligence questionnaires.
- Compliance with regulatory considerations: take the lead in collecting, assessing and reporting information and preparing reports to comply with any applicable impact and ESG regulations in scope of funds under management (i.e. SFDR, EU Taxonomy).
- ESG and Impact external verifications and certifications: take the lead in producing information to apply and qualify for new labels, certifications, and verifications as applicable across all funds under BOF management.
- Enhancement of the overall impact management practice: contribute to the further enhancement of the ESG/impact management framework at BOF including its implementation and expansion in scope across sectors and impact themes to support product and new fund development.
Required skills and experience
- Postgraduate Degree in finance, business administration, economics, or related field; ideally with a focus on sustainability and impact related topics (i.e. gender diversity);
- At least 4 years of work experience in asset management, investment banking, or with a leading consulting firm, with a focus on sustainability and impact;
- Prior experience in developing and implementing ESG and impact management frameworks and tools;
- Exposure across asset classes (e.g. sustainable infrastructure, private equity, and sustainable bonds), as a plus;
- Good financial analysis skills, attention to detail and demonstrated capacity to analyze data, prepare charts, reports and power point presentations as required;
- Good presentation skills and strong suit for written communication and marketing skills;
- Excellent project management skills across all stages from design to execution;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills using Excel and powerpoint;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Spanish skills. French and/or German skills are a plus.
Your personal profile
- Advanced personal organization and planning skills and ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and in demanding situations;
- Proactive, result-driven, able to work in a fast-paced environment, flexible with “hands-on” approach and willingness to perform both technical and more routine tasks;
- Highly motivated, ambitious self-starter, willing to go the extra mile to achieve results in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Resourcefulness to ensure stakeholder satisfaction at all times and excellent communication skills;
- Passion to innovate and to be a leading contributor to impact investing;
- Team player with ability to identify and formulate critical issues, pragmatic approach to analysis of data, information and facts and capability to draw appropriate conclusions from the information available.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe.
To apply for this job please visit blueorchard.bamboohr.com.