Strengthening trust in impact investing
Business Development Analyst, Impact Investing
Experience level: Early-career (0-2 years post-Bachelor’s degree work experience or equivalent)
Location: London, UK (or UK based with the ability to commute into London)
BlueMark was founded with a mission to strengthen trust in impact and sustainable investing, and to help bring more transparency and accountability to the impact investment market. We believe third-party impact verification is a key ingredient for establishing and maintaining trust between impact investors and their stakeholders. By providing a reliable resource for independent, third-party assurance of impact claims and practices, BlueMark plays an important role in advancing best practices and ensuring the impact investing industry scales with integrity.
Founded in early 2020, BlueMark has quickly become the leading provider of independent impact verification and intelligence for the impact and sustainable investing market. BlueMark closed its Series A funding round in April 2023, and has grown its team this year to 27 FTEs, with significant additional growth planned for 2024 and beyond. Our team brings unparalleled expertise in impact investing along with high commitment to excellence and integrity in everything we do. We value compassion, emotional awareness, a sense of humor, and an entrepreneurial drive in every new hire.
About the position:
This is a unique opportunity to help drive revenue growth and build out the business development function at an early-stage company in a dynamic, impactful industry. The Business Development (BD) Analyst will play a key role in driving new relationships and business for BlueMark (with an emphasis on the UK and European markets) through building and maintaining systems for business development activities, supporting outreach and follow-up with prospects, conducting outreach, and supporting relationship management. The role will provide opportunities to work with diverse impact investing stakeholders and help grow a new pioneering business.
You might be a great fit for this role if you are interested in both the people and the process sides of business development. The right candidate will be organized, flexible, and solutions-oriented, and will have some exposure to or a keen interest in learning about Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) and/or impact investing.
This position is based in the UK, and candidates must have the ability to commute to the London office 1-2 days per week as well as authorization to work in the UK now and for the foreseeable future.
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Support research to identify new prospects and organize target lists
- Drive outreach to prospects, in collaboration with several other members of the team, through coordination of meetings, drafting of communications and prospect follow-up, synthesis of BD meeting notes, and generally oversight and project management of the steps in the BD process
- Support drafting of proposals and refinement of client-facing materials
- Maintain updates to the CRM system (Insightly, Salesforce) and other BD-related analysis and tools
- Continue the build-out of BD-related systems and processes and support ongoing improvements
- Identify and support implementation of enhancements to BlueMark’s end-to-end sales processes
- Contribute to BlueMark’s BD strategy, including defining and working towards key business targets
- Liaising with BlueMark’s other departments (marketing, R&D, etc.) to ensure BD efforts are integrated across teams
- Manage client data and support revenue tracking
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure that BlueMark is well-represented at conferences and other industry events
- Support closing agreements with clients and facilitating handover to client service teams, including reviewing and finalizing contracts and building process for smooth transitions from sales to service delivery
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience or exposure to a sales or business development role, preferably in a startup environment
- Familiarity with Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) and impact investing and/or financial services preferred — but not required, as long as you bring an eagerness and aptitude for learning!
- Ability to conduct market research and develop outreach strategies
- Aptitude for working in a small business environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative disposition, with a bias towards action
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Sense of humor and self-awareness
- Experience using CRM systems would be an asset, but is not required
**To learn more about the benefits and hiring process, please click on the link to apply (the application link includes more information!)**
To apply for this job please visit app.beapplied.com.