Website Bezos Earth Fund
The Bezos Earth Fund is seeking a dynamic and experienced Events Manager to join our team and support the planning, organizing, and executing of internal and external events. The Events Manager will be responsible for ensuring the successful coordination and implementation of events, from conception to completion. The role will sit within the office of the President & CEO. This role requires strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills to deliver exceptional event experiences that align with the organization’s values and objectives.
- Event Planning: Conceptualize, plan, and coordinate all aspects of events, including conferences, seminars, launches, high-level meals, roundtables, webinars, and more.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage event budgets, ensuring cost efficiency and adherence to financial guidelines. Negotiate with vendors and suppliers to secure competitive rates and maintain accurate financial records.
- Logistics Coordination: Manage event logistics, including transportation, accommodation, event setup and teardown, ensuring smooth execution and timely resolution of any issues that may arise. Works as the main point of contact for speakers regarding their presentations, travel schedule and all other event logistics for their participation in the events.
- Venue Selection: Source, evaluate, and select suitable event venues, ensuring they meet the event requirements and align with the target audience and brand image.
- Vendor Management: Collaborate with various vendors and contractors, such as caterers, audio-visual companies, printers, and decorators, to secure services and oversee their performance during events.
- Event Marketing: Work closely with the communications team to promote events and ensure events are coordinated with broader Earth Fund communications strategies.
- On-Site Event Management: Supervise event staff and volunteers during events to ensure seamless operations, coordinate event flow, and address any unforeseen challenges.
- Program Development: Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to design event programs that align with the event’s objectives, delivering valuable content and experiences to attendees.
- Attendee Experience: Focus on creating positive attendee experiences by anticipating their needs, addressing concerns, and gathering feedback for future improvement.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks associated with events and develop contingency plans to mitigate them, ensuring that events meet legal, safety, and health requirements and regulations; obtains necessary permits from fire and health departments.
- Post-Event Evaluation: Conduct post-event evaluations and analysis, measuring event success against predefined goals and KPIs. Use feedback to improve future events and optimize event strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in relevant field.
- 6-8 years’ experience in hospitality, event management, marketing, business administration, project management, or related is required.
- Experience with sustainability in events management is preferred.
- CSEP, CMP or other comparable event certification is desirable.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intercultural competence and experience working with diverse communities.
- Professionalism to work across a variety of stakeholders, including but not limited to: Board members, staff, partners, grantees, consultants, and vendors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, event management software and tools.
- Demonstrated creativity and problem-solving ability to deliver unique and engaging event experiences.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- The location for this position is Washington, D.C.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time during events.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, to manage events effectively.
- May undertake domestic and/or international travel.
To apply for this job please visit www.bezosearthfund.org.