Website Asha Impact Trust
About Asha Impact Trust
Asha Impact, an impact investment and development finance think tank operates a multi-family office for some of India’s most respected business leaders, private equity professionals, and philanthropists, as well as select institutional partners. Founded in 2014 by Vikram Gandhi and Pramod Bhasin, Asha is a unique player in the Indian impact investing and blended finance landscape with its domestic funding base, and active engagement with the government. Asha Impact Trust (AIT) provides thought leadership and convening power to build the market for impact investment and blended finance in India and unlock private capital for development. The Trust also works closely alongside select state governments on engagements to improve service delivery that address market and policy bottlenecks in specific areas including urban development, skilling, and the startup ecosystem.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join as a full time Associate who will work closely with the Asha Trust Senior Leadership. The Associate will work on developing the Blended Finance practice in line with the organization strategy. An ideal Associate will be a self-starter, analytical, entrepreneurial and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. S/he will have a proven track record of taking initiative in a work setting and demonstrating the ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels within the organization as well as with other external stakeholders in the ecosystem.
The role will require the Associate to conduct research and analysis on the blended finance market and opportunities; help design blended finance structures, prepare fundraising materials for transactions , and manage projects under blended structures; assist in organizational growth and development. S/he will work closely with partner organizations, lead discussions with key stakeholders and represent Asha Impact at various industry events.
This role is ideal for someone who has a strong passion for working in the development sector and is at ease interacting with a range of stakeholders including social enterprises, corporate leaders, funders, investors, not-for-profits and policymakers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research, analysis and writing: Conduct targeted primary and secondary research on the core issues and potential solutions in impact sectors such as climate action, education, skilling, employment, and healthcare. Create presentations, concept notes, research reports for internal and external consumption
- Deal Sourcing and Structuring: Identify relevant opportunities and partners in the social impact sector suited for Blended Finance/Outcome Based Financing projects. Develop a thorough understanding of the key issue areas, interventions and outcome indicators to help with project design and structuring
- Project management and governance: Support the organization leadership to manage and implement blended finance investments and projects
- Stakeholder management: Develop and manage relationships with social impact organizations, non-profits, funders, policy makers, sector experts and key ecosystem player to effectively deliver on the organization’s projects
- Organizational Development: Support the overall growth and development of the organization including preparing presentations for internal discussions and board meetings, developing marketing materials, updating website content, drafting grant proposals, annual reports and helping with organization events
Qualifications and skills
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant fields (e.g., Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Public Policy)
- 3-4 years of work experience in investing, consulting, start-ups, corporate roles, development think tank or public policy
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and financial modeling skills
- Willingness to work on the ground with social enterprises and NGOs to help them achieve better outcomes through their interventions under blended finance projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a broad range of stakeholders including government, private, and non-profit sector practitioners
- Demonstrated leadership, and ability to manage work streams independently without support staff and with little supervision
Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- An entrepreneurial mindset and ability work in a fast-paced environment
- Passion to work in the development/ social impact space
- Willingness to travel 30% of the time (or more if needed) across India including to rural areas
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive within the impact investment industry
- Mumbai or New Delhi/Gurgaon
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.