- Holberton’s Series A round… was led by Daphni and Trinity Ventures, joined by Omidyar Network and previous investors.
- The Ellevest Impact Portfolio... invests in funds that support women-owned businesses and other underserved groups and ESG-focused funds.
- Broader impact… Ellevest says closing the global gender pay and employment gap would boost the economy by more than the GDP of any single country.
- Indonesia-based Du’Anyam... is a handicraft retailer that works with wicker weavers, specifically pregnant women in poor farming communities...
- Female founders...grabbed just 2% of venture capital in 2017. Women founders of color received even less. Time’s up.
- The full series... The New Revivalists.
The Austin-based investment firm raised $19.1 million, which it will use to back women-led health tech ventures and sustainable consumer brands. The founders cite high performance of women-run startups, lack of VC funding for women entrepreneurs and women’s overwhelming influence in consumer purchasing and healthcare decision making as reasons for launching the fund. (We know of
- New Revivalist: Lisa Skeete Tatum, Founder and CEO of Landit, a personalized career playbook for women
- Place: New York, New York
- Mission: Skeete Tatum and Landit are on a mission to democratize career success for half the workforce — women.
Expect to hear more about the Women’s Entrepreneurship Facility before the G-20 meeting in July, where World Bank President Jim Yong Kim wants to announce a $1 billion raise. Ivanka Trump initiated discussions with Kim about the fund, which also has the support of Germany’s Angela Merkel. That Saudi Arabia is contributing to the fund’s first