Good Money, a startup banking platform, committed to move at least $5 billion “to a values-based system financial system where every customer is an owner.” An employment service, 70 Million Jobs, pledged to facilitate the employment of one million formerly incarcerated men and women over 10 years. And the investment firm FullCycle promised to invest
- The four companies Valo has invested in so far include women-led and women-focused career planning site Landit; weather forecasting and climate monitoring company PlanetIQ; and AI-based manufacturing software company Atollogy.
- Breaking into a male-dominated industry like venture capital may well be a leading indicator of ability to invest in underdeveloped markets.
- The tagline was The Future Now. It might as well have been The Future is Female. The 9th annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit, a joint initiative by the U.S. and Dutch governments, convened this week in the Dutch city of The Hague (my new home).
- MMC Ventures and social enterprise lender FSE Group have clinched £100 million ($127 million) to advance the city’s startup scene.
- A key source of StandUp’s pipeline is Toronto-based startup hub MaRS’s Investment Accelerator Fund, which backs science and tech entrepreneurs and where McBane serves as a director.
- Amsterdam-based Project Cece makes ethical and sustainable fashion more accessible to people through an online marketplace that aggregates responsible brands.