- Among this year’s cohort are Aliro, an online service that helps immigrants apply for U.S. citizenship and cleantech venture MicroRio, which uses bacteria to produce affordable PHA plastic bottles from methane.
- Investors are moving seize “inclusion alpha.” TPG is getting in on the action.
Good Money, a startup banking platform, committed to move at least $5 billion “to a values-based system financial system where every customer is an owner.” An employment service, 70 Million Jobs, pledged to facilitate the employment of one million formerly incarcerated men and women over 10 years. And the investment firm FullCycle promised to invest
- The four companies Valo has invested in so far include women-led and women-focused career planning site Landit; weather forecasting and climate monitoring company PlanetIQ; and AI-based manufacturing software company Atollogy.
- Breaking into a male-dominated industry like venture capital may well be a leading indicator of ability to invest in underdeveloped markets.
- The tagline was The Future Now. It might as well have been The Future is Female. The 9th annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit, a joint initiative by the U.S. and Dutch governments, convened this week in the Dutch city of The Hague (my new home).
- MMC Ventures and social enterprise lender FSE Group have clinched £100 million ($127 million) to advance the city’s startup scene.