- Amsterdam-based Project Cece makes ethical and sustainable fashion more accessible to people through an online marketplace that aggregates responsible brands.
- Most of the funding—$145 million—will be invested in financial institutions that lend to small businesses, while $50 million will be committed to Egyptian startup accelerators and venture capital funds that are fostering entrepreneurship.
ImpactAlpha, April 22 – Tennis mega-star Serena Williams has (not-so-quietly) invested millions over the last five years into dozens of diverse-led and impactful startups. Last week, Williams formally unveiled the full portfolio of Serena Ventures, which “invests in companies that embrace diverse leadership, individual empowerment, creativity and opportunity,” according to its website. There’s Mayvenn, the online marketplace
- EverlyWell’s $50 million funding round was backed by Goodwater Capital, Highland Capital Partners, Next Coast Ventures, NextGen Venture Partners, and SoGal Ventures. Check it out.
- “Every single month during your period, your body is providing you with a natural biopsy when it sheds your endometrial lining,” the company writes on its website. “What could we learn if we had the tools to listen?”
- Haven Connect's mission to get more people into affordable housing faster attracted a mix of traditional and impact venture capitalists and angel investors.
- CNote launched in 2017 to democratize impact investing through a high-yield savings account that facilitates lending to small businesses and underserved communities