“We have a decade to deliver on the Sustainable Development Goals and the clock is ticking.”
- Not enough money for promising ventures. Too much money flowing to a few companies. Both statements are true for impact-oriented small and growing businesses in emerging markets.
- The Solve Innovation Future fund, a donor advised fund, has raised $3.5 million towards a $30 million goal, and will make debt and equity investments of up to $200,000, using a standard set of terms to keep underwriting costs low.
- The global consulting firm, which has advised impact initiatives for decades, launched its own fund to move more capital.
- The startup’s $3.5 million round was led by Main Sequence Ventures, the manager of CSIRO’s Innovation Fund.
- LIC VC and Jeremy Oppenheim, founder of sustainable investment fund SYSTEMIQ, also participated.
- Kijani became the first investment of a new $500,000 “mini-fund” targeting women entrepreneurs in Ethiopia and Uganda from angel network Renew, an impact investment firm based in Addis Abba.