- CNote launched in 2017 to democratize impact investing through a high-yield savings account that facilitates lending to small businesses and underserved communities
- WE Venture is New York City’s first venture capital consortium to focus on under-represented tech founders
- Grameen America, the U.S. affiliate of Muhammad Yunus’ Grameen Bank, has disbursed $1.08 billion since 2008 in short-term loans to 113,000 women in 14 U.S. cities
ImpactAlpha, March 18 – The New York-based startup launched in 2015 with the aim of helping professional women learn about companies and find jobs with women and family-friendly policies and work cultures. The company has raised a $10 million Series A round from GSV Accelerate and Signal Peak Ventures. Fairygodboss was founded by former Dow Jones executives
- The venture capital firm for founders who identify as a woman, person of color, and/or LGBTQ will invest $100,000, and provide mentorship, investor intros and financial guidance each of the Detroit, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and London-based companies, in exchange for a 5% stake.
- For International Women’s Day 2019, we looked back through ImpactAlpha’s own deal coverage over the past year to see whether impact investors have gotten the message
- Rethink Impact, a female-led impact investor that backs women-led companies, led the round, and was joined by a host of impact, traditional, and corporate venture funds.