- Too few women in investment decision-making hurts private-equity and venture-capital returns
ImpactAlpha, March 18 – The Bay Area-based community foundation is moving $50 million into investments that are aligned with its mission to building inclusive prosperity and racial equity in and around San Francisco. The commitment represents 6.3% of its $800 million endowment. The San Francisco Foundation is among the 17% of foundations in the U.S. that are
- The venture capital firm for founders who identify as a woman, person of color, and/or LGBTQ will invest $100,000, and provide mentorship, investor intros and financial guidance each of the Detroit, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and London-based companies, in exchange for a 5% stake.
- For International Women’s Day 2019, we looked back through ImpactAlpha’s own deal coverage over the past year to see whether impact investors have gotten the message
- Rethink Impact, a female-led impact investor that backs women-led companies, led the round, and was joined by a host of impact, traditional, and corporate venture funds.
- Professional development and coaching firm Landit has raised a $13 million Series A funding round led by WeWork.
- The financing round was led by Japanese venture capital firm Dream Incubator with backing from BEENEXT, pi Ventures, impact investor Ankur Capital, Axilor Ventures and Binny Bansal, the co-founder Indian e-commerce giant Flipkart.