- The takeaway from a new series of 10 essays from investors arrayed on a spectrum from fully “market-validated” to simple capital preservation: “Many investors have already moved beyond the trade-off debate to develop sophisticated approaches that deploy capital at multiple points along the continuum.”
- Bay Area-based Charlie is a personal finance service that aims to make it easier for people who are traditionally underserved by financial services to ask financial questions, budget, alleviate debt, and work towards savings goals.
- Targeting, measuring and managing social impact can illuminate other investment factors as well.
- Some new tools generated by the cottage industry of global agencies and associations can help investors use impact analysis to manage risk, generate dealflow and spot opportunities.
- “An advisor versed in the nuances and prerogatives of impact investing can add meaningful value," write Tiedemann Advisors’ Stephanie Cohn Rupp and Brad Harrison in a guest post on ImpactAlpha.
- With all the capital investors have been pouring into the “alternative meat” sector, Beyond Meat has decided it’s time to test the (public) market.
ImpactAlpha, November 18 – Toronto-based impact investing platform SVX is rolling out a U.S. version of its matchmaking service with an $11.5 million debt offering from TechSoup. California-based TechSoup is non-profit tech marketplace for charities and libraries. The 31-year-old organization helps other organizations secure hardware and software technologies they need “to design and implement technology
- The Cleveland-based cooperative is raising a fund to help existing businesses convert to a cooperative model, reports Next City.