- Last week, Blackstone (with $512 billion in assets under management) signaled its strategy
ImpactAlpha, May 9 – The world’s seafood farmers will need to invest up to $300 billion over the next decade to meet the booming demand for fish protein. Such capital expenditures represent an opportunity for impact-minded investors to promote sustainable farmed fish production, according to “Towards a Blue Revolution,” a guide to sustainable aquaculture from The
- By helping farmers establish organic farming practices, pass certification and by purchasing their cocoa beans, Tradin Sierra Leone helps farmers earn a premium in the otherwise opaque and low-wage cocoa market.
- The New York-based insurance company covers climate-vulnerable small farmers in Africa from changing weather patterns.
- The San Francisco-based fund manager invests in early and growth-stage tech companies focusing on environmental sustainability.
- Investors are backing agtech startups to help farmers sell directly to hotels, restaurants, cafes, hostels, retailers and other food businesses.
- A new Southeast Asia forestry fund launched by Australia-based New Forests includes a tranche aimed at impact investors with specific reforestation, biodiversity and community livelihood goals.