- Building on its work in Mexico, the conservation nonprofit will study the potential for bringing reef insurance to Florida and Hawaii.
- Iroquois Valley is the latest firm to open up once-exclusive impact investments to everyday investors, who have had limited opportunities to make investments that leave a positive mark on the world.
- Aquaculture has emerged as a vital alternative to wild-caught fish, a major source of the world’s protein, as ocean fisheries are strained by overfishing and climate change.
- Another everyday staple is under scrutiny.
- The Vancouver-based company's Series B was led by two ag-focused funders: new investor Ospraie Ag Science and returning investor Seed2Growth (“S2G”) Ventures.
- The 14 startups from eight countries include Niger-based E3D, the neem products producer, Shoots & Roots, a South African commercial nursery, and Rejuvenate Umhlaba!, a Zimbabwe-based company creating a market for land restoration offsets in Africa.
Cooks Venture’s model is based on an 800-acre farm in New York, where it raises heirloom chickens and works with a team of scientists that measure and track the farm’s soil health.