- Burlingame, Calif.-based FloWater makes water bottle filling stations for schools, gyms, hotels and offices with a mission to offer an environmentally-friendly alternative to single-use plastic water bottles.
- Hanover, N.H.-based Lyme Timber Company, which invests in and manages forestland for productive but sustainable use, has completed fundraising for its fifth fund.
- Eco.business Fund invests in sustainable agriculture, fishery, forestry and tourism initiatives in Latin America and the Caribbean
- The Belgian impact investor is backing Nicaraguan microfinance organizations Fundenuse and Micrédito in rolling out “event-based” insurance policies to 6,000 small farmers.
- Repassa’s mission is to curb the textile industry’s environmental impact by helping divert used clothing from landfills.
Boring is exciting in the $3.8 trillion municipal bond market. Last month’s $61.4 million oversubscribed issue from the Industrial Development Authority of Pinal County, Arizona looked like a typical tax-exempt muni. But the bond, which is refinancing a biodigester that turns dairy cow manure and other waste into natural gas, is one of the capital
- Santiago-based non-profit Fundación Chile has invested $300,000 each in agtech startup Instacrops and logistics venture SimpliRoute