- A new Southeast Asia forestry fund launched by Australia-based New Forests includes a tranche aimed at impact investors with specific reforestation, biodiversity and community livelihood goals.
- The equity round was backed by Dutch impact investors Waterman Ventures and Pymwymic and existing backer, life sciences venture investor Van Herk Investments
- Over the years, the Kellogg-Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investment Challenge has spawned funds such as Blue Forest Conservation and Fresh Coast Capital.
ImpactAlpha, April 11 – Investors’ portfolios may get a jolt from a sudden “repricing event” that recalibrates the risks of climate change, according to a new report from Mercer. In a sequel to its “Investing in a Time of Climate Change” report, the global consultancy suggests the market isn’t fully pricing the “physical risks” of
ImpactAlpha, March 28 – The bad news about the oceans has finally started to generate some good news for investors looking for investments in the blue economy. A growing recognition that oceans are in crisis – from global warming and acidification to plastics pollution and depleted fisheries to “dead zones” caused by chemical runoff from agriculture
- The California-based TerViva is giving a bitter legume a market while giving farmers an income opportunity for low-quality and fallow land.
- Ejido Verde is delivering its own Green New Deal for hundreds of families in the Mexican state of Michoacán.