- IDB Invest’s commitment is the first time Ejido Verde has received investment from “a mainstream financial institution,” Ejido Verde’s Shaun Paul said in a statement. “Until now, we have secured investment from industry insiders, Kiva, and friends and family.”
- Last week, Blackstone (with $512 billion in assets under management) signaled its strategy
- The San Francisco-based fund manager invests in early and growth-stage tech companies focusing on environmental sustainability.
- A new Southeast Asia forestry fund launched by Australia-based New Forests includes a tranche aimed at impact investors with specific reforestation, biodiversity and community livelihood goals.
- The equity round was backed by Dutch impact investors Waterman Ventures and Pymwymic and existing backer, life sciences venture investor Van Herk Investments
- Over the years, the Kellogg-Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investment Challenge has spawned funds such as Blue Forest Conservation and Fresh Coast Capital.
ImpactAlpha, April 11 – Investors’ portfolios may get a jolt from a sudden “repricing event” that recalibrates the risks of climate change, according to a new report from Mercer. In a sequel to its “Investing in a Time of Climate Change” report, the global consultancy suggests the market isn’t fully pricing the “physical risks” of