- Reid Hoffman… The co-founder of Linkedin led Change Research’s seed round. Greenfield previously was a LinkedIn data scientist.
- Civic tech boomlet… BallotReady, another civic tech startup, last week secured $1.5 million in seed funding.
- BallotReady plans... to offer information on local elections in all 50 states by the 2018 midterm elections.
- Investors include… InvestHER Ventures, New Media Ventures, Hard Yaka, Wakestream Ventures, and Grubhub’s CEO Matt Maloney.
- Index funds should focus... on how gun sales gun affect the systems on which all of the companies in the index depend, says B-Lab's legal head Rick Alexander.
- A fiduciary... must think systemically in order to serve the interests of investors.
- This means... an investment steward can forgo a gain at an individual company to preserve systemic value, and the value of an entire portfolio.
- Traction... The company’s SeamlessGov tool is used by more than 300 US state and local governments to manage digital forms, online payments and workflow automation...
Steven Brill, founder of The American Lawyer and Court TV, and Gordon Crovitz, former Wall Street Journal publisher, are launching a platform to review and rate 7,500 websites featuring news and articles in the US. “We will tell readers the Denver Post is a real newspaper and that the Denver Guardian exists only as a purveyor
Can blockchain make voting more secure? Boston-based Voatz makes mobile-voting software that uses the distributed-ledger technology to safeguard results. Originally designed for university elections, the smartphone software aims to encourage greater participation in elections by making voting more convenient. It is used by labor unions, non-profits and town governments. Urban Innovation Fund; business coach Joe
Talal Abu-Ghazaleh is on a mission — bring private-sector metrics and standards to the U.N.’s Social Impact Finance (UNSIF), a fund founded in 2016 to coax capital towards the 2030 Agenda. He has a blunt message about the Sustainable Development Goals: Inside the U.N., the Goals are not treated with the gravity they deserve, and this puts them