- The big Wall Street bank said “Launch with GS” will invest its own money along with clients’ capital in private, late-stage business that are founded, owned or led by women.
- Gurgaon, India-based Aye Finance helps India’s small business owners access working capital and credit to grow their businesses.
- The Treasury Department certified 8,700 census tracts across the U.S. that are eligible for investments by new Opportunity Funds
- ARM Pension has $1.8 billion in funds under management and reaches 700,000 people. Leapfrog did not disclose the amount of its investment.
- The deal highlights the impact, and financial, potential of the creative economy, a sector still largely untapped by impact investors.
ImpactAlpha, June 12 – Municipal bonds are literally private investments in public goods, making them perhaps the original impact investments. About $435 billion in U.S. municipal bonds were issued last year to investors to finance projects with impact, including parks and schools, roads and bridges, clean energy installations and municipal broadband. But the muni-market has become
- The Civic Tech accelerator, hosted by Omidyar Network and Village Capital in India, is looking for “ventures leveraging technology and/or physical community-building to connect citizens with government and/or one another in order to advance civic outcomes.”