- The Kresge Foundation is anchoring two Opportunity Zone funds on the condition that the fund managers agree to measure and track their impact.
- The new new thing in tech accelerators? The opportunity in social and environmental risks.
ImpactAlpha, March 18 – Workplace startups are mostly geared towards desk workers – think think Zoom, Slack or Trello. Copenhagen-based Whispr wants to change that with voice-guided tools for workers in deskless jobs, like transport, hospitality, healthcare, and construction. Whispr’s app allows workers to ask for information or guidance hands-free. “We are returning to the original and
ImpactAlpha, March 18 – The New York-based startup launched in 2015 with the aim of helping professional women learn about companies and find jobs with women and family-friendly policies and work cultures. The company has raised a $10 million Series A round from GSV Accelerate and Signal Peak Ventures. Fairygodboss was founded by former Dow Jones executives
- The pension fund is committing $250 million to Impactive Capital, a woman- and minority-run hedge fund that will take an activist approach to responsible, long-term investing.
- The Chicago-based startup raised the Series B funding from Venture Partners, Epic Ventures, Chicago Ventures and Sidekick Ventures for its app to help people manage their employer health benefits.
- ImpactAlpha dropped into the annual meeting of Confluence Philanthropy in Brooklyn last week to hear how the network of foundations, family offices, individual donors and investment advisors representing $3.5 trillion in managed capital and $70 billion in philanthropic assets are trying to use impact investing to drive racial equity.