- “You don't have to be an art lover to invest in the creative economy,” says Callanan. “There are great deals happening there."
- Movie makers and video game producers have what mission-driven investors want: impact at scale.
- The private equity firm's latest impact investment is a Boston-based software company that identifies labor market patterns and sell those insights to companies and educators.
The program is designed to help participants overcome barriers commonly faced by founders of color, such as racial bias in fundraising and operating in “entrepreneurial deserts.”
- The big opportunity in frontier finance: solving large problems for large populations.
- As unicorns lose their magic, a type of startup of a distinctly different stripe is emerging as an alternative.
- The latest Returns on Investment podcast took another look at the study from Illumen Capital and Stanford SPARQ, released last month, that found that biases, implicit or otherwise, actually increase the better fund managers of color perform.