- Unshackled’s limited partners include Bloomberg Beta, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures, Laurene Powell Jobs' Emerson Collective, Techstars’ Brad Feld.
- "No nonprofit or small business should have to raise more money to serve kids in communities of color than they would have to raise to serve kids in white communities," writes Joe Neri of IFF in a guest post on ImpactAlpha.
- The Series A was backed by Accion, Dutch development bank FMO and Indian venture capital firm IvyCap Ventures.
The Series E equity round was led by private equity firm Stakeboat Capital with backing from prior investors LeapFrog Investments, Dvara Trust and Accion.
- ZOMA Capital and Strada Education Network joined existing investors New Markets Venture Partners, University Ventures, Pearson, Lumina Foundation, and Lion Brothers Company in the round.
- Erin Gatz has a novel idea for promoting equity in tech: Priming female ‘makers’ for entrepreneurship in Pittsburgh’s buzzing startup sector.
- A £1.5 million ($1.96 million) financing round was led by U.K venture capital firms Si2 Fund, Triplepoint and and Ascension Ventures. Wayra UK and ClearlySo also participated.