Klar offers a commission-free digital credit card in Mexico, where only 15% of adults have access to credit products.
- Jakarta-based JULO uses proprietary credit scoring technology to offer affordable, unsecured consumer loans to Indonesians.
- Patch Homes helps homeowners refinance by taking an equity stake in their homes and supporting them as long-term partners.
- MPOWER fits among a small cohort of organizations developing student-centric models to finance education.
- Tech startups, like Bangalore-based OkCredit, are rolling out products and services for long-neglected small businesses that employ 70% of emerging economy workers and account for 30% of emerging-market GDP.
- “Seed stage continues to be where we see the biggest capital gap, even in impact investing,” Accion Venture Lab’s Tahira Dosani told ImpactAlpha.
- The round was led by RPS Ventures, with backing from GGV Capital and prior investors IVP, Revolution Growth, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective VC, ThomVest Ventures and PayPal Ventures.