- Catalytic to the deal was Skoll Foundation’s $2 million in subordinated debt, which helped de-risked an $8 million loan for OPIC and lowered the overall cost of the $10 million loan to Proximity.
- Kudi launched in Nigeria in 2017 to make access to financial services easier for smartphone users
- The company’s funding round was backed by venture capital firm Viola FinTech, BNP Paribas’s venture capital arm Opera Tech Ventures, Standard Bank, OurCrowd, Moneta Fund and several private investors.
- New Street’s platform has been used to originate $4.3 million in loans since the company was founded in 2017.
Brazilian fintech Moeda has joined with the African nation of Togo to backstop a planned €100 million ($113 million) impact fund being raised by a Switzerland-based private-equity firm Bamboo. It’s all based on blockchain.
- The Chicago-based startup raised the Series B funding from Venture Partners, Epic Ventures, Chicago Ventures and Sidekick Ventures for its app to help people manage their employer health benefits.
- Rethink Impact, a female-led impact investor that backs women-led companies, led the round, and was joined by a host of impact, traditional, and corporate venture funds.